Forward vs. Aft for Staterooms

svcalum07

Hi everyone!

My mom and I decided we are going to do the 3 night Dream in June and were in the process now of looking at pricing for Verandah's and seeing where we might like our stateroom.

For the cruise we are looking at they only have VGT for a 07A (and for a lot of the categories actually). There seems to be about a $96 difference between a room in the aft vs. a room in the forward (deck 6).

My last cruise (and only cruise) was deck 9, starboard, in the forward which ended up being perfect..we were upgraded from a 06A. It was a perfect location because it was close to the elevators, adult area, and spa but we also had great views of PC, Nassau, and CC.

Is there a huge difference between the forward and aft for staterooms besides walking and I've also been reading about noise and vibrations in the aft of the ship (deck 6) ?

Any help would be great…thanks!!

Edited by svcalum07

There is no such thing as a VGT for a 7A. VGT= any cabin with a verandah on the ship and there is NO category attached. These fares have restrictions attached which one needs to be familiar with and are sold at a significant discount.

Most likely you are seeing a GTY for various categories. These are available when 90-100% of the cabins in that category are sold. You are choosing your category but not your cabin. There is no price reduction and no restriction othe than not choosing a cabin number.

Aft cabins do experience thruster noise and vibration during the docking process. That lasts for a very few minutes. As you noted, forward is near the adult areas, aft is near the restaurants. That's really the only significant difference.