Just off the Sunshine Western Caribbean -- any questions?

RogueMonk

Belize - we did the Altun Ha ruins. We did it through the ship, but price matched a better rate we found online (google around). It was enjoyable. Worth the price we paid.

Thank you for your information on your shore excursions.

Our first time with Carnival... does Carnival 'price match' their shore excursions?

If they do, how does it work? Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Thank you for your information on your shore excursions.

Our first time with Carnival... does Carnival 'price match' their shore excursions?

If they do, how does it work? Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Yes, carnival offers a 110% price guarantee. You must book the show excursion first. Then, if you find a better price for the exact same excursion, they will refund you 110% of the difference as OBC. There is a web form that you have to fill out, and they get back to you pretty quick (two days).

About the internet, they do have the "new" internet on the Sunshine. Its certainly faster and more affordable than in the past. I found the speeds to be OK, but it did slow down on sea days.

The packages work like this (from memory):

- Basic social media sites = $5 per day or $25 for the whole cruise.

- Basic internet (no streaming or Skype) = $16 per day or $60 for the whole cruise.

- Full internet with higher speeds = $25?? per day or $100 for the whole cruise.

My biggest complaint about this ship was lack of air conditioning, and lack of furniture in the rooms. I had no bed side tables, chair, hangers, shelves in closet, fridge or hair dryer. Had plenty of room for a chair. Interior was VERY large, just had nothing in it. I had a bed and a footstool. Took 3 days of a 11 night cruise to get a chair. I heard this was hit and miss on items in your room. Going to give this ship one more try next month.

Our room was well stocked with hangers. It had lots of storage space. In fact, we found it had more space for "stuff" than our past cruises. Of course, we missed having a mini-fridge. But our cabin stewart was very diligent in providing us with lots of ice. He even provided us with an extra big bucket of ice (same as the bucket of beer buckets).

I agree about the room temperature....way too warm at night!

I have to disagree...never had a problem with room temp. I was in 8256. There is a knob on the ceiling vent that can be turned to adjust the vent opening. The thermostat on the wall has a spot for a card to be inserted...I used a library card and left it in the whole cruise. If the balcony door is propped open, the air will stop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to hear good things about the Sunshine! We cruise the first week of March and am hoping Jamie stays on as CD, but I have a feeling we're going to miss her by a week as she has been on for months

Jamie leaves the ship on Feb 15 so you will miss her.

Yes, carnival offers a 110% price guarantee. You must book the show excursion first. Then, if you find a better price for the exact same excursion, they will refund you 110% of the difference as OBC. There is a web form that you have to fill out, and they get back to you pretty quick (two days).

Thank you!!!

I asked Jamie on her FB page she's said she's on the sunshine till 2/28.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so. We will be on the cruise that ends in the 28th and I was really looking forward to seeing her in person since I've heard so much about her on the boards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I have to disagree...never had a problem with room temp. I was in 8256. There is a knob on the ceiling vent that can be turned to adjust the vent opening. The thermostat on the wall has a spot for a card to be inserted...I used a library card and left it in the whole cruise. If the balcony door is propped open, the air will stop though.

Interesting. We had the ceiling vent fully opened. We did not leave the door to the balcony open (ever). And we had the AC turned down as low as possible. During the day, it was bearable (although I didn't wear many cloths), but at night it was too hot. That being said, I am a hot person. But I would have preferred the room a good 5 degrees cooler. As it was, my sleeps were sweaty and poor.

two questions...

1. is there a cigar bar? or any place you can buy / smoke cigars on board?

2. someone mentioned menus... is there someplace i can see the menus? are they the same each cruise?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

I hope so. We will be on the cruise that ends in the 28th and I was really looking forward to seeing her in person since I've heard so much about her on the boards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Wee Jimmy is replacing her. I am on the March 20 sailing and John Heald confirmed.

Can you tell me which dining room was anytime dining and which was the fixed seatings?

Thanks!

Aft dining room, lower level was Your Time Dining. Forward dining room and aft dining room , upper level was fixed seating.

I asked Jamie on her FB page she's said she's on the sunshine till 2/28.

Danielle

Thanks for the update. Seems she has unlimited energy so maybe she can pass some on to others. :)

How do you find Jamie's facebook page. I just got off the Sunshine also and she was AWESOME!!!

We were on this same cruise. Cabin 10127 was plenty cool and also had the mini fridge. Lots of storage with plenty of hangers. We loved the Steakhouse and went twice. Great service there and great food. Thought the production shows were great and with good sight lines in the Liquid Lounge. Two comics were great. Two were lame which is usual for us. Easy to get a good seat if you were in line about 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Service was slow for the anytime dining.

Loved Guy's Burgers, Mexican Cantina and The Havana Bar. Fastest omelet service in the Havana Bar than any other cruise I have been on. Great Cuban foods in the bar. Also liked the Taste Bar for breakfast and some lunches.

Biggest Serenity Deck and always able to find a seat.

Disembarkment was a breeze but hey I'm Platinum.😊😊 Nice to have perks.

We were on this same cruise. Cabin 10127 was plenty cool and also had the mini fridge. Lots of storage with plenty of hangers. We loved the Steakhouse and went twice. Great service there and great food. Thought the production shows were great and with good sight lines in the Liquid Lounge. Two comics were great. Two were lame which is usual for us. Easy to get a good seat if you were in line about 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Service was slow for the anytime dining.

Loved Guy's Burgers, Mexican Cantina and The Havana Bar. Fastest omelet service in the Havana Bar than any other cruise I have been on. Great Cuban foods in the bar. Also liked the Taste Bar for breakfast and some lunches.

Biggest Serenity Deck and always able to find a seat.

Disembarkment was a breeze but hey I'm Platinum.😊😊 Nice to have perks.

My mom is platinum, so thanks for letting me know the "perks" help.

I'm excited about Jamie D. Never heard of her but sounds like I'm in for a treat.

Looking forward to tomorrow as we start our trip northward. Hoping for a dry drive.