dunns rivers falls

mjheckman0218

we are docking in ocho rios and want to go horseback riding, which ends at 11:30 then we wanted to get to duns river falls. our boat does not leave until 5 so I am assuming there is time to do this. is it close to the cruise port? and does anyone know how much a cab would cost to get there?

You want to do this! It's a world famous attraction, very much fun. You can google and find out prices but I'm sure it's less than $20/per person. Allow 2 hours. You can climb with a guide or on your own. Fun either way. It's not far from the Ocho Rios dock, how are you getting to and from the horseback tour? If you booked it through the ship they'll take you back to the ship. If you booked it privately you can probably arrange for them to take you to the falls afterwards. I don't want to discourage your horseback riding, but you can do that most anywhere - you can only do Dunns and the Blue Hole and the Enchanted Gardens and Shaw Gardens and Fern Gully in Jamaica.

Happy Planning.

• 2 weeks later...
we are docking in ocho rios and want to go horseback riding, which ends at 11:30 then we wanted to get to duns river falls. our boat does not leave until 5 so I am assuming there is time to do this. is it close to the cruise port? and does anyone know how much a cab would cost to get there?

We're just back from Jamaica. I think you CAN do horseback riding AND Dunn's River in your time in port. We just spent 5 days in the Ocho Rios area and saw how close both of those were to the port. I would suggest to find a driver rather than just a "taxi." It so much simpler to have it all arranged before you even get there. We used Winston from Tour Jamaica Today. He took us up to Bob Marley's 9-Mile and River Tubing/rafting. But he is capable of giving you a workable timetable to fit several activities into your time. He is very reliable and safe and good at using the internet to communicate details with you. We definitely recommend him. Email him at tourjamaicatoday@yahoo.com. You can find reviews of his company Tour Jamaica Today on Trip Advisor.

I wouldn't dawdle. It took about 1/2 hour to do all the preliminary BS, get tickets, rent a locker or water shoes if you need them, get organized in your group etc. It takes about 1 hour to climb the falls. Then maybe another 1/2 hour to get your stuff, tip everybody with their hands out & make your way out through the maze of vendors at the craft fair market.