Hotels in Vancouver

I am arriving into Vancouver from a cruise (Coral Princess)on Sept 17 and want to stay 2 days there for sightseeing. I have found several hotels on Expedia and Priceline that were just a little above $100. Would anyone recommend any of these with regards to good location and nice accomodations:

Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown

Sandman Hotel

Best Western Downtown

Empire Landmark Hotel & Convention Center

Bosmans Hotel

Holiday Inn Vancouver

Blue Horizon

Thanks,

Funtimer

funtimer, I already responded to you in the Hotels thread. If you go the Priceline route, you should be able to get MUCH better hotels for the same price as the ones you quote from Expedia.

As grouchy mentioned, check the bidding help sites and you will see which hotels people are winning bids for and for which dates.

Quite a few CC'rs have gotten the Sheraton Wall Centre, Hyatt and Marriott Pinnacle for under $100 this past year. They are all considered 4* hotels. I stayed at the Marriott this year for $50 (but that was before the summer season).

ell

Thank you for your help. I am a total novice to bidding and am a bit concerned about what I will end of with. I went to 'better bidding' but don't really understand the jargon. How do you learn to 'bid' on priceline and get something really nice. I have heard of people really getting stuck with something unbearable. We will be in Vancouver Sept. 17-19, is that a good time to get top quality hotels for less?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you for your help. I am a total novice to bidding and am a bit concerned about what I will end of with. I went to 'better bidding' but don't really understand the jargon. How do you learn to 'bid' on priceline and get something really nice. I have heard of people really getting stuck with something unbearable. We will be in Vancouver Sept. 17-19, is that a good time to get top quality hotels for less?

funtimer, if you bid on Priceline for a 4* "Vancouver" hotel, you should get something you'll be happy with. Notice that I highlighted "Vancouver" proper. Your bid is based on star quality and location, so if you bid for a 4* property, you won't get anything less.

To find out what hotels are available (always subject to change) for bidding through Priceline, go back to the Better Bidding site. Here's a step-by-step to find the hotel list:

- On their first page, scroll all the way down to "Hotels International Winning bids"

- Click on Canada

- Click on the first topic which is "Priceline/Hotwire Hotel lists and tips for Canada"

- Click on "Pinned: Priceline Hotel List - Canada"

- Scroll all the way down near the bottom to "Vancouver" and it will show a list of hotels and their star ratings.

**Just remember these lists can change at any time.

If you need advice about bidding, ask on the boards there and read as much as you can about re-bidding.

ell

funtimer,

We bid a 4* for Vancouver downtown (not airport). You can look at the area map and then click on 4* and it will tell you which properties you could get. In May we got the Hyatt on Burrard, 2 nights for $77/night. Great city view, walk out balcony. We tried again for our trip in 2 weeks and we got the Sheraton Vancouver Wall pre and post cruise stay for $80/night. You can check different hotels and read current reviews on TripAdvisor.com if you're not sure of the property. If you go with a 4* only, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.

just wanted to let you know-i used priceline for our upcoming 1 nite precruise on 9/24-went to better bidding com and learned @ the process-felt safe booking 4*for Vancouver-cant really go wrong-we got the Sheraton Wall for $81US. use the search feature on this board & ck out Princess threads. Everyone is right-you can stay in a 4* hotel for less $$ than you would spend on those 3* hotels-Priceline can be scary, but Vancouver is easy if you stick w/4*-all good hotels and locations imo. Have fun!! Liz

Archived