Norwegian Getaway

stuckinbuffalo

I am posting this question here versus the St. Martin board because it really pertains to the actual excursion through the Getaway.

This will be our fourth trip to St. Thomas and I'm thinking instead of spending the day there, we could do one of the excursions to St. Johns. I'm wondering if anyone has done one of the tours and if the scenic tour actually allows for some beach time or if it's simply driving around the island. Would like to experience both the beach and the town but not sure if the Saint John island tour allows for both. The other excursion I"m looking at is the Saint John beach escape and snorkel.

The OTHER question I want to ask is if we do one of these tours, do I still have some time in St. Thomas as we enjoy stopping at the Liquor store there.

Appreciate the input!

We have done the ship excursion to St. John, but I cannot remember if it was with NCL or Carnival. We did one that hiked through St. John and then were left to snorkel on a beautiful secluded beach for a good amount of time. We then were taken back to St. Thomas and had time to shop. We were one of the first of the boat so it was a great, long enough day. I will check my photo album to find which excursion and ship it was and let you know.

We have done the ship excursion to St. John, but I cannot remember if it was with NCL or Carnival. We did one that hiked through St. John and then were left to snorkel on a beautiful secluded beach for a good amount of time. We then were taken back to St. Thomas and had time to shop. We were one of the first of the boat so it was a great, long enough day. I will check my photo album to find which excursion and ship it was and let you know.

Thanks that would be helpful!!

I also have the exact same questions abt St Johns and snorkeling. i heard the beach is paradise. woulddnt mind a brief stop in town for maybe an hour to shop but then how do we get back to boat, if the excursion is booked thru ship...does a shuttle bring you back or is the shopping area near the dock>

Anyone know if an electric scooter can be brought on shuttle buses or driven through shopping areas?

thanks you

ellen lavoie