Miami Everglades Tour ?

CruzinSouth

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Everglades Airboat Tour after our cruise in May of this year. It was great... we booked the tour through a travel agency in South Beach, I believe we paid $30USD each. They picked us from our hotel, drove about 45 minutes to the Everglades, we had a guided tour on the airboat for about 45 minutes and then we had a few minutes to relax before we came back to Miami.

If you are interested, you can see my pictures from the Everglades here:
[url]http://www.fradom.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=42[/url]

Thanks for the info and the picture link. Glad I saw a picture first - the boat seemed closer to the alligators then I would have thought!! Think we will be trying it - don't know when else we'd ever see the Everglades : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Let It Ride-thanks for the photos. It looked like you were at Bayside, and took the Bay tourboat. We may do that too. The fruit/juice place looked delicious!
I have heard that those airboats are environmentally not good for the Everglades? But I still would like to take one! LOL

There are several airboat places. One that I’ve been to recently is at the Everglades Alligator Farm, which is quite easy to get to by car. As you can tell by the name, its main attraction is alligators (lots of alligators), but they also have other exhibits and a couple of shows, and the airboat ride is optional. If you take the airboat, you’ll get a little bit of talk about the area as you’re leaving the farm, but not much because -- like all airboats -- it’s entirely too noisy for talk. But it’s an exciting ride. Not very long, though, maybe about 20 minutes. You can get there by driving south on the Florida Turnpike, and on the way you could stop at Robert Is Here -- a long-established and locally well-known fruit and vegetable stand, which also sells wonderful, thick milkshakes made from a large selection of fruits, and Florida-type preserves and other goodies.

Archived