Deck Plans on Inspiration

dcandme13

This will be my first cruise and I'm going with my sister, also her first cruise...just 2 gals bonding, we don't live in same state and we are both new moms so taking advantage of doing something different ... I got an email today with an upgrade offer for a VERY small fee which I took because we went from an interior room to an Oceanview stateroom...its on level 7 the Empress level...any reviews on this area??

I love the Empress Deck on the Inspiration (as well as the other Fantasy Class ships). I have stayed in a Porthole, an Inside and an Ocean View all either Forward or Mid-ship on this deck. We have also never heard more noise from this location either. I really like how close we have been to the Atrium Lobby and all her grandness! Such fun and a great way to start a trek around the ship each day.

The convenience factor alone is why we have chosen the Empress Deck again for our next cruise on the Inspiration (next week, woo hoo!). Have a great cruise!

Edited by Inklight

Some of the rooms on Empress deck are below the galley/kitchen. Some parts of the galley have loud work going on most of the overnight hours. Some parts of the galley are fine, but others are noisy. It's a gamble. If you are not below the galley, then Empress deck is perfect on this ship. If you are below the galley (which goes from the midship elevators to the aft elevators), try to switch to a room that isn't.

Some of the rooms on Empress deck are below the galley/kitchen. Some parts of the galley have loud work going on most of the overnight hours. Some parts of the galley are fine, but others are noisy. It's a gamble. If you are not below the galley, then Empress deck is perfect on this ship. If you are below the galley (which goes from the midship elevators to the aft elevators), try to switch to a room that isn't.

But most of the galley area cabins are interior, not OV. I wouldn't worry.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

CruiseQueen...Thank you..The room we have right now is E62...what do you think of that??

CruiseQueen...Thank you..The room we have right now is E62...what do you think of that??

Perfect. A bit off the atrium and you can take the steps to the theater and shops.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

The galley area is the entire width of the ship, from one side all the way to the other. So it's over both interiors & OVs. Now, where is the noisy work being done? That's the main question. It's possible that the noisy spots are mostly over interiors, but it's very hard to know that for sure. The galley is indeed over the entire width of the ship, from the midship elevators to the aft elevators.

The room we have right now is E62...what do you think of that??

If you were below the galley, then I would tell you to expect noise from above. You are actually next to the forward elevators, so you are not below the galley. You are below Circle C, one of the teen clubs. So there could be some noise from above during the daytimes & evenings. I don't know how late they keep that club open.

inklight was in E61, which was below the Fun Shops, which I would expect to be a great location. Those definitely do close up before midnight. And even though people are walking through there during the day, there's no loud music & people aren't stomping.

Edited by k2excursion