birth certificate question

eminence_front

My BC is a certified copy (notarized with raised stamp) from the Office of Statistics (the short name for it). Anyway, my BC is not 8-1/2" x 11", but it's a little smaller than that and on strong card-like stock and has the raised stamp from the statistics office. Is Carnival picky about whether a BC measures like a standard piece of paper (8-1/2" x 11")? I know I'm getting obsessed here, but I don't want to take documentation that will not be accepted.

My BC is a certified copy (notarized with raised stamp) from the Office of Statistics (the short name for it). Anyway, my BC is not 8-1/2" x 11", but it's a little smaller than that and on strong card-like stock and has the raised stamp from the statistics office. Is Carnival picky about whether a BC measures like a standard piece of paper (8-1/2" x 11")? I know I'm getting obsessed here, but I don't want to take documentation that will not be accepted.
As long as its certified my wifes lookes like a diploma and mine looks like a 5x7 pc of paper,,

wow....that is amazing that you didn't have to show your birth certificate...did you have to show anything? lol...maybe you got lost in the shuffle...i'm thinking that one checker thought the other got you?

A M A Z I N G....

wow....that is amazing that you didn't have to show your birth certificate...did you have to show anything? lol...maybe you got lost in the shuffle...i'm thinking that one checker thought the other got you?

A M A Z I N G....

I agree, that is amazing!!! Someone is lucky they didn't lose their job over that one... I really hope they are not getting lax with this stuff.

You know, when my hubby and I went on our first cruise for our honeymoon in 6/04, we didn't have passports and used birth certificates instead. I had them in my hand as we checked in (Princess cruise line), and I know the lady saw that I *had* them, but she never asked to actually look at them or even see the names. Didn't think much about it at the time, but looking back, wow...last time I cruised (3/05), they scrutinized my passport with a finetooth comb.

EF,

Our PA birth certificates are much smaller than 8.5x11. We just got off the Imagination and when checking in, they looked at the top one and when debarking did not look at them at all. They did look very quickly at our photo ID during check in and not at all debarking.

We were on the Legend sailing 8/17/05 MY mother, my wife, my son, his girlfriend and I, and nobody asked for our BC......only our drivers license. When we got off the ship on 8/25/05 in New York we had to show the BC or passport. If we didn't show them would they have forced us to stay on the ship....mmmmmmm...maybe not so bad of an idea

Archived