Low price guarentee

lvcruises

Does anyone understand Carnivals policy on finding a lower price? We booked a few weeks ago and I just checked their site and they have a early saver last call for $1009 was able to even pick a room next to what we have. We paid $1029. When I called to get the lower price they said that they could find a lower price than what we had even though the agent from Carnival, who was not helpful or knowledgable, said she talked directly to Carnival and they couldn't find a lower rate to give us. I don't understand the policy. Does anyone out there get this?

If you didn't book Early saver, I believe after the final payment you can not get the lower price, but if it is before final payment you can do it under certain rates (I'd imagine some rates exclude price changes). Pretty confusing to me, but when I have a question I ask my PVP. Every once in a while you wind up upgraded to a Lido Deck Balcony from a gty oceanview for a small fee. :) Okay, that only happened once, but it never hurts to call Carnival and ask. You can always take a screen shot of your lower rate and show them what you are looking at. Personally, I'm pretty inexperienced with the rate drop thing, but I figured I could tell you what I did recently when I saw it.

As I understand, if your original booking was early saver and you find a lower price, Carnival will refund the difference. That being said, it must be the same cabin classification. The cabin next to you could be a different cabin classification than your original booking.

Hope this helps.