Early Saver - Last Call Rate on Conquest

connieh1968

I booked this cruise yesterday, the 8 night Aruba on the Conquest.

I let them pick our cabins. We got the "early save - last call rate". Does anyone know if this price can go down and if I would get the difference or are we locked in this price?

I read about it but it just says lowest price guarantee.

It's the early saver rate, so yes you would. I just booked Conquest for May on the same rate. Haven't been on her since the 2.0 upgrades. This will be our longest cruise (8 days) yet! Looking forward to it!

I don't think you're regular early saver because you mention that they will pick the cabin which is a guarantee. Regular early saver you pick your cabin and can price match up until 2 days b4 sailing. Is you cruise coming up soon? Sounds like it from the name of the fare you mentioned. Normal early saver is only available for bookings about 3-6 months out depending on the cruise length.

I don't think you're regular early saver because you mention that they will pick the cabin which is a guarantee. Regular early saver you pick your cabin and can price match up until 2 days b4 sailing. Is you cruise coming up soon? Sounds like it from the name of the fare you mentioned. Normal early saver is only available for bookings about 3-6 months out depending on the cruise length.

Cruise is not until May. May 23rd!

I'm thinking they let there travel agent pick

The information in the link says that with Early Saver Last Call the customer picks their own cabin. The OP says Carnival is picking the cabin. So I'm confused.

You are correct we DID NOT pick our cabin. I booked them online and let them pick, we got a better room it seemed.

You are correct we DID NOT pick our cabin. I booked them online and let them pick, we got a better room it seemed.

So you booked a guarantee? You were assigned your cabin numbers already? They don't usually assign the guarantees until closer to the sailing date.:confused:

Didn't know you could pick early saver be it last call or not and get a gty.

Like the above poster I'm confused.

Bill

Here is what I'm booked!

OK the first thumbnail says that YOU pick your own stateroom? But you said you let them pick. That's the confusing part, for me anyway, but I would never be able to fool anybody into thinking I'm a rocket scientist.:)

OK whatever as long as you are booked up it's all good.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

OK the first thumbnail says that YOU pick your own stateroom? But you said you let them pick. That's the confusing part, for me anyway, but I would never be able to fool anybody into thinking I'm a rocket scientist.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

Maybe the OP means they just picked whatever cabin was highlighted when they booked. That's the only way. Early saver - last call or the regular one - you pick your own stateroom. So either it wasn't early saver or it was and they just defaulted to whatever the system picked or the TA said/suggested.

Enjoy your cruise.

Bill

I did book it myself online....

Geez..you all are starting to confuse me!

YES, I booked it online myself. When it came to the part to pick the rooms myself or let Carnival, I let carnival. This is what I clicked on.... (see the picture attached).

It gave me a few choices, I picked the two rooms that I wanted, since I booked multiple cabins and then I checked out and paid my deposit.

17792394_cruise2.jpg.a43c11f046b629913e1422816304f547.jpg

Yeah-- you did not book a guarantee.

The sail you are booked at is the Early saver with a 2 category upgrade.

I would be picking my own cabin to make sure I am getting what I want.

So by looking at the guarantee price - that is not the price you will be matching but the cabin you are in-- example if you got a balcony using that 2 cat upgrade you will be in an 8C which is empress.

you can only price match that cabin or above-- you can not price match the category under that

Yeah-- you did not book a guarantee.

The sail you are booked at is the Early saver with a 2 category upgrade.

I would be picking my own cabin to make sure I am getting what I want.

So by looking at the guarantee price - that is not the price you will be matching but the cabin you are in-- example if you got a balcony using that 2 cat upgrade you will be in an 8C which is empress.

you can only price match that cabin or above-- you can not price match the category under that

And I'm fine with the two rooms, we are on the Verandah deck right near where we want to be. I don't care to get a better room, I was just wondering if the rate went down, would we get the difference, I wasn't sure if I got in on the Early Saver Rate.

I did book it myself online....

I think the confusion comes from your comment that you let them pick. If you booked yourself online then you didn't let them pick. You took the stateroom that was highlighted. It very well may have been the only one available but technically you picked it.

When you say you "let them pick" that indicates to most of us that you booked a guarantee. Guarantee would not be an ES. Guarantee is not typically assigned at booking. Hence we became confused.

I think the above is correct. Have a wonderful cruise and best of luck with those price drops. Over the last 4 years I have had as much as $700 and as little as $0.

They had several different scenics from me to choose from.

Carnival picked several different rooms and I chose the one I wanted.

Normally I would choose...I would tell them what deck, aft or mid and so on. I did not this time. After clicking on the one box it took me the scenerios.

This is a first for me and we have sailed several times and always got lowered rates after booking.

So we shall see.

Geez..you all are starting to confuse me!

YES, I booked it online myself. When it came to the part to pick the rooms myself or let Carnival, I let carnival. This is what I clicked on.... (see the picture attached).

It gave me a few choices, I picked the two rooms that I wanted, since I booked multiple cabins and then I checked out and paid my deposit.[/QUOTE]

OK now I'm no longer confused. I see that you did in fact pick your rooms.:)

And you should have price protection up until 2 days before the cruise sails.

Bill

you have to be most diligent with checking for lower fares. Carnival is just not going to lower the price for you if the price comes down.

Agree. It is Alot of work. Mick bookings. And now the have the Carnival picks your cabin category just so they don't have to give you the price reduction. We just book last minute now. Always get rock bottom prices. Just don't get to pick our cabin location. But always get our balcony.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app