Carnival sunshine, camp carnival.

nicjoel0114

Don't do it, pick another ship or another line. I have a review coming from our trip last week but I am still in transit home...and please remember, the staff in the camps work long hours under difficult conditions...if you do use ship camps make sure to ask your child about what happens in camp when you are not with them. We were on the Sunshine as a group of five families with children aging from 18 months to 9 on the January 10th eastern itinerary.

Absolutely do it. The camps are great. Allow your child to try it for themselves. Just be prepared to have them with you 24/7 if they don't like camp, because there's always a chance they won't. That said, our two are 5 years apart. One boy. One girl. One very very outgoing. The other is very shy and standoffish. Both have enjoyed camp. If you have specific questions, post them. I found this board to be very helpful in pre-planning before I took ours on their first cruise. And the majority were encouraging, not discouraging, of the kids at least trying camp.

I think it depends on your 3 year old's personality. Do they go happily into daycare or preschool? Or to church nursery? Or cling to you and hide behind your legs? It's a brand new environment with new faces and I think it's ok at that age for them to be leery. Our kids are 8 & 10 and we still introduce them to Camp Carnival.We visit during open house to show them everything and the first time we drop them off it's only for a short period (I mean like 30 min or less). Maybe have your little one visit camp early in the morning when they are happy & fresh. (I've seen so many kids in there crying because they look exhausted from a long day)

Have a great cruise!

-Kelly