Minimum age to travel "alone"?

I am looking into a Mediterranean cruise for next summer, which I would be going on with a friend. At that time we will both be 18 years of age. Numerous cruise lines insist that passengers between the ages of 18-20 travel with someone over the age of 21, but I found conflicting reports regarding Royal Caribbean's policies. Departing from Europe, can you travel "alone" at 18? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When my daughter went on a cruise with some friends a couple years ago she had to be with someone 21 or over in order to go. From RCI webpage

Onboard Policies

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page s.gif

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? s.gif A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required

So even though at 18 you're a full fledged adult you're not allowed to go alone? How does that make sense?

This age limit will be waived for.... underage married couples...

:rolleyes: Single people aren't adults but married are? Being someone for whom marriage before 30 would have been a massive mistake, that's just insulting.

But "underage" doesn't usually refer to 18 and up. Nor does "children".

Just started a pretend booking, got: "

At least one guest should be 21 years or older for a reservation with guest(s) below the age of 21."

Ridiculous.