Cruises During Holidays

ngraystark

We have cruised frequently in the past, but have never been on a cruise during the holidays. This year, we are traveling on the Miracle on the 12/18 sailing and return to port on 12/25. Could someone please share their experiences on ships (particularly interested in the Miracle and Carnival line) during this time.

Are the ships decorated in a holiday theme? Any special events, meals? My kids (13 and 17) are a little worried about not being home for Christmas and would like to be able to allay any fears they may have. We know we will have a great time, but hope it will be a little more special with the holiday. Appreciate hearing from you!!

We cruised a week before XMAS returning on XMAS day. The Spirit was decorated with trees and garland in the public areas. On XMAS eve there was a XMAS show. Naturally, the ports are also decorated. There were a lot of children on the ship (I think about 600). I'm sure everyone will have a good time.

My family did the Pride for New Years. It was a full ship and was decorated with Xmas stuff. Very pretty. The New Years party on the Lido deck was great but also very crowded. I wanted to do Christmas one year but don't know when. I looked into one this year but the ship was in port on Xmas Day and I didn't think there would be alot to do. Everything would be closed. My kids would stress about Santa not making it too.

Archived