Question on spa

tazmancruiser

Last week on the Summit it was $75 pp for a 7-night cruise. Last year on the Century it was something like $125 or $150 for two in the same cabin for a 15-night Panama Canal cruise (don't remember!). I don't know if itinerary affects pricing. Have fun!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've never used these facilities on a cruise ship -- this is also our first 7 day so wondering if this might be a nice option for us to slot into R&R :)

What are these areas like? More than just a hot steam room? Is it like a luxury hotel spa where these areas are sort of like an oasis?

I've never used these facilities on a cruise ship -- this is also our first 7 day so wondering if this might be a nice option for us to slot into R&R :)

What are these areas like? More than just a hot steam room? Is it like a luxury hotel spa where these areas are sort of like an oasis?

Head to the spa on embarkation day afternoon and they'll be offering tours of the spa areas and possibly offering deals. The spa area being talked about here is called the Persian Gardens on all Celebrity ships. Other spa areas, including exercise room and sauna in locker rooms, is no extra charge unless it involves personal service or an exercise class. We toured Persian Gardens once and decided we were not interested but know lots of other cruisers who like it. If you are unsure after touring ask if you can apply the cost of a one day pass towards a cruise long pass if you find that you enjoy it.

You are right on cost.

If celebrity is like RC the men's locker room should have a free steam room and dry sauna.

The other room you are paying for has coed steam room with sauna.

What I really like is the heated curved ceramic lounges that you can lay on and look out at the ocean.

Of course I believe there is no charge for using exercise equipment.

Spa treatments are extra $$$$$

I am quoting from my experience from RC

I just presume they where the same

At least in S-class ships (I do not remember about M-class ships), there are standard saunas in both the men's and women's dressing rooms that are available to all. They are not well advertised, and not easy to find unless looking for them (just go into the appropriate dressing room and look around). As mentioned earlier, the "Persian Gardens" is a fee-based service, unless you are booked in an Aqua Class cabin then it is free. I believe Suite passengers have access to the Gardens also with some conditions (I think).