Complimentary Amenity Basket

eminence_front

I've read on a previous post some time ago that there is complimentary basket of little items, i.e., shampoos, soaps, etc., that you get in your stateroom, and that some of those items may vary. What items are practically *always* in the basket? (Any packing we could save would help immensely as we plan to pack rather light.)

We cruised on the Glory 3 weeks ago and there was no amenity basket in our cabin. Our group had a total of three cabins and ours was the only one without one. I asked about it and was told that not all cabins get one, which really surprised me, and our steward was very good so I'm sure if there was one available he would have gotten us one. This was our third cruise with Carnival and the first time we did not have one. So don't count on one. I was glad we brought everything we needed.

Trish614 -

Was the amenity basket/lack of by cabin type? We are going on the Glory on Sep 10th in the lowest outside.

I have been wondering what would come in the cabin - this is our first trip on Carnival.

Thanks for the help!

Wendy

All the cabins I've booked on Carnival in recent years had the ammenities basket. But most things are sample size, so don't depend on them. And PLEASE don't buy in port. I paid $6 for a small bottle of scope on one of the Hawaiian islands. Happy cruising!

Luv's Crusin'

What amenities would be in a Cat 12 cabin? I would love to save room in my carry-on to bring back souveniers instead of packing toothpaste. :)
Same as any other amenities basket on Carnival, nothing more, nothing less.

We were on the Glory in July in a 6A (lowest outside) and we had the "amenity" basket. All that is in it is sample package of shampoo and conditioner (the kind you get in the mail), a mens shampoo, a mens and ladies disposable razor, some kind of hair gel and coupons. Bring your own stuff.

We just got off the Elation last Sunday and our amenity basket was similar to those we had in the past. It had:

- 2 disposable razors - a mans and a womans

- A travel size Crest toothpaste

- A travel size Crest mouthwash

- Several minature containers of floss

- A sample size hair gel

- 2 sample packs of Rollaids

My DD also got a sample of a man's shampoo.

Archived