Yellow fever exemption certificate

Suzie2

Going to Costa Rica, who require a YF cert, via Cartagens , with a low risk of YF. I have a medical waiver cert but concerned I will not be allowed entry into Costa Rica and Belize. has anyone else had experience of this please

Going to Costa Rica, who require a YF cert, via Cartagens , with a low risk of YF. I have a medical waiver cert but concerned I will not be allowed entry into Costa Rica and Belize. has anyone else had experience of this please

If you have a YF exemption certificate that's a 100% guarantee you'll not have a problem.

Just returned from Thomson Dream, but due to high winds (at least that was the reason given) we didn't make Port Limon, so I can't be 100% sure that it won't be a problem if you don't have a cert or exemption cert. But Jamaica has the same requirement & at no time were we asked to produce certs there.

Authorities tend not to be concerned with cruise passengers, because they know that you've had only one day in Cartegena, which is a low-risk area of Colombia.

There were plenty of folk on our cruise with no cert or exemption.

Belize wasn't on our itinerary, so I can't help with that, but I expect the same attitude as Jamaica.

JB :)