Jacob Taylor Beach

rene194215

The Jacob Taylor beach is in the town of Duncans (maybe a 10 minute drive from the Falmouth pier). It is right next to the Silver Sands villa complex (where we always stay).

It is a nice beach, but small. There are a few craft vendors there (not too pushy). Also Leroy's Bar is right by the water. I believe he also has food.

Not a lot of activites there and no lounge chairs (that I remember).

The beach at Silver Sands is spectacular, but I believe it is limited to guests there.

The Jacob Taylor beach is in the town of Duncans (maybe a 10 minute drive from the Falmouth pier). It is right next to the Silver Sands villa complex (where we always stay).

It is a nice beach, but small. There are a few craft vendors there (not too pushy). Also Leroy's Bar is right by the water. I believe he also has food.

Not a lot of activites there and no lounge chairs (that I remember).

The beach at Silver Sands is spectacular, but I believe it is limited to guests there.

I contacted Silver Sands and they said that they can send a driver out and I can use the beach and facilities. All for a price of course, Would you recommend doing this over a hours away beach in Ochos Rios?

Absolutely. Many people think Silver Sands is the nicest beach in Jamaica. Only three more weeks until our fifth stay there. :)

They have a bar and grill and a small market/gift shop. Ping pong table and a tennis court. Plus several water sports - kayaks, body boards, windsurfing, and decent snorkeling. You can rent all the gear there too. Lots of shade under the almond trees and thatch umbrellas. The food is very good and reasonably priced.

Check out some of the villas. You just may return as a guest! :D

Can you post a link to the place you contacted? I searched Silver Sands but came up with a couple different places. What was the price they quoted for a day pass?? Thanks for the info! We are wanting to spend the day at a beach without the long drive.

Can you post a link to the place you contacted? I searched Silver Sands but came up with a couple different places. What was the price they quoted for a day pass?? Thanks for the info! We are wanting to spend the day at a beach without the long drive.

I googled Silver Sands Jamaica and it came up. They are villas. Hope htis helps.

I contacted Silver Sands and they said that they can send a driver out and I can use the beach and facilities. All for a price of course, Would you recommend doing this over a hours away beach in Ochos Rios?

What price did Silver Sands quote you?