Balcony Room Lido

PrettyCruiser

HI,

I will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess next month. This is not my first Princess cruise, but it is the first time I will be staying in a balcony room. I have been assigined a BA balcony on the Lido deck. It is on the starboard side and is in the middle. Could any one give me information about the balcony's on this deck? I am interested in knowing if this is a good deck and balcony. Any information will be helpful. Also, what is the difference between the balcony categories? BA, BB etc. Thanks!

Thanks! I haven't seen many reviews about the rooms on the Lido deck so I was a little concerned. Thanks for your help.

That's because those of us who know about then like to keep them a secret. Best cabin location on the ship (unless you only want the aft lounges). The balcony is covered, but the pool and sun decks are just a short hall away. All cabins fore of the lift are on a very quiet hall. Also, the room attendants have fewer cabins (little known fact). Also, if you like any of the spa or excercise stuff, just one deck abo ve you. And the spa pool and hot tubs are almost your own private ones (almost the entire rest of the ship never goes there).

We too have booked BA on the Lido deck -- Grand Princess -- I got so worried that when I read all the posts about the othe balcony cabins being bigger and better I called to see if we could change our room .... balcony cabins are sold out!

Glad to hear that we aren't getting the short end of the stick:D

Location is great, but beware if the seas are rough. I had never been seasick before but got sick when we had a Lido deck room. (The higher and to the front of the ship, the more motion you get). Be prepared if you are prone.

• 1 month later...

What cabin number on Lido? I ask because I've heard there are good ones, and some not quite as good. Those far forward have the health club above them and some early morning thumping. Those right by the entrance to the Lido deck activities and back of the elevators (vs. forward of the elevators) are high traffic areas. Most are great from what I heard, I had one booked on the CB for Xmas but instead have upgraded to a mini-suite as we decided we want the extra room this time around.

Hi Pretty ,

Last year was our first ever cruise and we had a balcony cabin on Lido deck on the Caribbean Princess on the Thanksgiving Cruise Cabin No L254 and it was excellent.

You can get your breakfast , pizza , burgers ,well infact everything from that deck and convieniently take it to your cabin to eat without having to go on the lifts ( elevators I think you Americans call it lol) ,as previously said the stewards have less rooms to see to and the only passengers walking past your door will be the very few that have cabins further down the hall.

There is no noise from the deck above where we were and couldnt hear anything from the band or Muts in our cabin or even on our balcony.

Not sure on the sea sickness thing , but I am very prone to motion sickness and I never had a moments trouble.

I would recommend L254 / L255 downwards to avoid the lifts / being close to the doors to the deck and I have also heard of a few noise issues from cabins under the health club.

Well to sum it up we are staying in L250 on the Star departing on the 27th November....enough said lol

You will love this deck ...but shhhh keep it to yourself lol

Tony

Archived