Start time of all inclusive drink package

cardiffian

Hi we've booked the AI drinks package for our forthcoming cruise around Dubai on the Serena. I know that boarding starts around 1500 and we don't get our cabin till around 2000 although we are able to use facilities once on board etc. Just taking a quick look at our travel docs and it looks as though we can't pick up our AI drinks card until 2300. Does anybody know if this means that if we have a tipple before picking up the card we would have to pay for them. Thanks:confused:

Hi we've booked the AI drinks package for our forthcoming cruise around Dubai on the Serena. I know that boarding starts around 1500 and we don't get our cabin till around 2000 although we are able to use facilities once on board etc. Just taking a quick look at our travel docs and it looks as though we can't pick up our AI drinks card until 2300. Does anybody know if this means that if we have a tipple before picking up the card we would have to pay for them. Thanks:confused:

Hi, sorry I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if you knew the answer to mine. I'm also going on this cruise at the end of Feb, and couldn't help noticing what you said about the times we can board. Our flight gets in at 7am, can we not get rid of our cases until 3pm? Do you know?

Hi, sorry I can't answer your question, but I was wondering if you knew the answer to mine. I'm also going on this cruise at the end of Feb, and couldn't help noticing what you said about the times we can board. Our flight gets in at 7am, can we not get rid of our cases until 3pm? Do you know?

Our flight arrives at 0700 too on 20th Feb. From reading other posts I think we should be able to drop off cases at the cruise terminal which is fine - at least we can do a bit of sightseeing without too much stress

The AI should be printed on your Costa Cruise card. So I am thinking that whenever you get that, you can use the package. I have always had access to my cabin as soon as I have boarded. The Costa Card was always waiting in the cabin for us.

You can drop your bags off at the port when youa arrive in Dubai but cannot board until 3pm. Going from past years, probably best to avoid that time as it is really busy then with long queues. So of you've got stuff planned to do in Dubai, stay in town for a bit longer and let the rush die down.

Cabins are supposed to be ready from 8pm and that is when you get your. And. It's is worth going by your cabin a bit earlier than that as sometimes they are ready earlier.

I can't remember what happened about my drinks package last year. I boarded at around 4 and think I got my cabin around 6 or 6.30. I can't even remember how I got anything to drink without my card come to that matter.

You must pay for your tipple if the AI package is not printed on your cruise card.

If you purchase it on the ship check into actually purchasing it at 00.01. Just after midnight. See if that works, it would save a lot of money.

Thanks all -I've actually already pre paid for my AI package for full 7 nights, its just that it states card not available for pick up until 2300 - that's the confusing bit! It seems strange that I've paid for a days use that I can only use for an hour before it becomes the next day! Think I'll give Costa a call to check.

Thanks all -I've actually already pre paid for my AI package for full 7 nights, its just that it states card not available for pick up until 2300 - that's the confusing bit! It seems strange that I've paid for a days use that I can only use for an hour before it becomes the next day! Think I'll give Costa a call to check.

Go right to your cabin as soon as you board to see if your cruise card is there. If so, grab it and go start using the AI package.

Oh that's good news - many thanks for that. Just another thought, if you wanted to have a drink on your balcony, were you able to ask your room steward for this as part of the AI or would you need to get in from the nearest bar and take it to your room. thanks:)

Oh that's good news - many thanks for that. Just another thought, if you wanted to have a drink on your balcony, were you able to ask your room steward for this as part of the AI or would you need to get in from the nearest bar and take it to your room. thanks:)

You would need to get it from the bar.

thanks for the info everybody - looking forward to our cruise. Its our first time with Costa and I think we had a pretty good deal. Booked premium balcony - guarantee cabin and have just found out we are upgraded to mini suite :)

:D

Congratulations on the upgrade. Enjoy your cruise.

thanks for the info everybody - looking forward to our cruise. Its our first time with Costa and I think we had a pretty good deal. Booked premium balcony - guarantee cabin and have just found out we are upgraded to mini suite :)

:D

Congrats! We've just received our cabin details and we've also been upgraded from a guaranteed standard ocean view to a premium balcony! Happy days. It's our first time with Costa as well.