Pre cruise hotel

Steinaker DD 863

I have stayed at both the Hilton and Hyatt in Ft Lauderdale across from the port and I would definitely recommend the Hyatt over the Hilton. The room at the Hilton was dirty, blood on the comforter, handle falling off the toilet. The Hyatt had an awesome walk out balcony that we could see the allure from and was very comparable in price.

I have stayed at both the Hilton and Hyatt in Ft Lauderdale across from the port and I would definitely recommend the Hyatt over the Hilton. The room at the Hilton was dirty, blood on the comforter, handle falling off the toilet. The Hyatt had an awesome walk out balcony that we could see the allure from and was very comparable in price.

I've never stayed at either of those, but my sister stayed at the Hilton last year and said it was horrible.

We always stay at ramada downtown hollywood. Rooftop pool walk to restaurants and we are actually here right now. They do have have a shuttle. It is not free but we have never paid over 150 per night. This trip was $112 per night plus tax.

Is the beach or water taxi walking distance?

No luck finding a room for late March under $200. I tried Priceline and bid low as others have suggested for the airport region and was rejected three times so I've about given up and will probably have to pay over $250+ for a decent room that we will be using just to shower and sleep a few hours in.

Have you tried Homewood Suites FLL? I doubt they are over $200 per night. Clean and I believe they have shuttle service.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I just looked on-line and they are well over $300 for one night, so its another no go. My guess is there must be a lot of ships leaving Port Everglades the last weekend in March or a lot of fans are in town for March Madness?