Cell phone/texting rates

KTEJ

I know this subject has probably been discussed plenty on this board, but I did a search and am getting conflicting information. I have Verizon wireless will be sailing on the Gem can anyone tell me th current rates for calling data and texting?

Look at enabling international options. I have found it is actually less expensive using this then the ships wifi. Granted I need to stay in touch and have access to emails and text while we are away do to my business so you may not need this. Receiving text is .10 cents and sending .50 cents. Dont make calls though as those are not cheap and shut off any apps that you dont need.

If you buy the ships wifi and stick to using a wifi enabled only iPad you won't have to worry about excessive charges

Just be sure nothing stupid is constantly updating like FB and the like to waste your mg

Just update email and send iMessages.

Yes I know I could do the same with an iPhone and just switch to wifi only but I have an iPad mini so I just shut off the phone and used the iPad so no worries about charges other that the ship wifi

$39 for 300 mg. on the ba also latitudes perks even for those with minimal points gives extra free wifi time. Just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships