Pack n go rates...your experience

CRU1Z1N

We booked early saver for an upcoming cruise, we also picked our room. Then a better past guest offer came up that reduced our rate and gave us $50 OBC!!! Our PVP also said we could do a room upgrade but we liked where we were at. Our PVP said our room wasn't one asked for very often.

Now to the question...if you've switched to pack n go (where carnival chooses your room), after already choosing a stateroom, have they switched your room or did you keep the same room you originally booked?

Curious to hear your experiences after booking then switching to early saver. Room same? Upgrade? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you might get more accurate information if you would have provided us with your stateroom category. For example if you have an interior room I would think you would have a better chance to keep your room than if you had a balcony on say the Empress deck. People often do upgrade their room as the cruise gets closer.

My understanding is: if you have a room booked and then go into a guarantee rate your stateroom number goes back into inventory and can be pick by someone booking a pick your room rate. (FYI: at one time this was a no no however recently more and more folks are reporting that Carnival is allowing it)

While your PVP says your room isn't one that is requested often, you picked it for a reason. I don't know that anyone can say for sure how likely you are to keep your room. You need to be prepared to get the worst room on the ship, then anything else is a step up.

Happy cruising.

We booked early saver for an upcoming cruise, we also picked our room. Then a better past guest offer came up that reduced our rate and gave us $50 OBC!!! Our PVP also said we could do a room upgrade but we liked where we were at. Our PVP said our room wasn't one asked for very often.

Now to the question...if you've switched to pack n go (where carnival chooses your room), after already choosing a stateroom, have they switched your room or did you keep the same room you originally booked?

Curious to hear your experiences after booking then switching to early saver. Room same? Upgrade? Thanks

I'm not sure what question 2 is about. How can you switch to early saver if you've got a pack n go?

I'm not sure what question 2 is about. How can you switch to early saver if you've got a pack n go?

Going out on a limb here but I am thinking OP was asking if after booking a P&G can you change back to a ES. But I have been wrong before.

Going out on a limb here but I am thinking OP was asking if after booking a P&G can you change back to a ES. But I have been wrong before.

I don't know either, I just thought a pack n go meant a cruise leaving fairly soon and ES was booked far more in advance.

Sorry... Let's see if I can clear this up. Originally book early saver, closer to cruise switch to pack n go.

Saw that part. It was the wording about the question about switching to ES after booking a pack n go. ;)

He said that already.:mad: It was his question about going from pack n go to ES.

I saw the question as asking if he got to keep the same stateroom even though he got a pack and grow rate. Not that he would go back to early savior. I have received lower rates and my TA was able to keep the same cabin for me. Additionally, I was curious about the upgrade they offered him.

What got you so upset when I was just saying what I understood.:mad::D