Pay CLOSE attention to final Stateroom Bill!! (PRIORITY FOR NON US GUESTS)

We book cruises through a Canadian TA and pay with a CDN CC. When we check in we us a US$ CC for our shipboard account and elect to have the charges remain in US$. Two cruises in a row RCI converted the US$ into CDN$ then charged that CDN amount to our US$ CC who then charged us to convert it back to US$!

And you think you have problems:cool:

Last cruise (a B2B) we had to visit GS on both cruises to ensure we were being charged in US$. First cruise they tried the same scam and we caugt it. Second cruise all was good.

It's unfortunate we have to take valuable vacation time to ensure RCI is dong what they are suppose to do:(

Same thing happened to us during our very first cruise, American credit card, RC converted it to Canadian, to have the US$ CC Convert it back to American!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cruisin'Kim

Hi,

We have also experienced this on RCI, a cruiser we met on board gave us a tip, and it works. We have sailed 5 times using the tip and it has worked every time.

During checking in online, check the option to pay your account with cash. Do not give any card details at this stage.

When arriving at the pier, and handing over your set sail pass, the agent will confirm you wish to pay by cash for your onboard account. At this point simply say, I have changed my mind, please can I add my credit card to pay for my account instead?

She will then issue you with a very small contract to add your card details to and sign, you get a copy, she keeps one for the ship. There is a tick box at the bottom for either converting or to pay in USD.

You have your carbon copy of your agreement with RCI.

Enjoy your vacation with no hassle.

:-)

Thank you for the tip... It's either this or we just pay in cash...Then on Day 2 and the 2nd last day we will go to GS and reconfirm again.

Btw Is there a minimum amount you need for cash?

Edited by WaveSplasher