FORMAL NIGHTS ON 14 DAY TRANSATLANTIC

TNTKP

THIS IS A QUESTION THAT I HOPE SOME OF YOU "MORE EXPERIENCED" CRUISERS MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME WITH: AM TRAVELING ON THE MILLIE 11/07/04 OUT OF BARCELONA, ON 14 NUGHT TRANSATLANTIC. ANY IDEA OF WHEN THE FORMAL NIGHTS MIGHT BE?? I'M GUESSING THE 2ND TO LAST NIGHT (SEA DAY), BUT THERE ARE 2 OTHERS I BELIEVE? ANY SUGGESTIONS/OTHER PLACES TO LOOK??

THANKS

TIM

Easy galfriend, just visit www.celebirty.com, click on the lower right hand column "everything you need to know" and that takes you to the cruise FAQ & that answers every question you could ever have.

As they tell you it is 7 casual nights 3 formal 4 informal nights.

Great area to read thru & learn it all just like us.....

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

Last year, same cruise, first formal was first night at sea (third night, I think) as second night was a late night in port. Second formal night was also an "at sea" day. As I'm not sure what this year's schedule will be that may change.

FYI: All caps is yelling - relax icon_cool.gif

Fran

The fall transatlantic in 2001 and 2003 had three formal nights, The second night (a sea day sailing between Barcelona and first port), the Sat. or Sun. during the 5 sea days, and the night before the last night(casual night). All were sea days. The third night was leaving from the first port (Cadiz in 2001 and Gibraltar in 2003).

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

I predict our formal nights on the 9/7 Tramsatlantic will be 9/9 sea day between Le Havre & Cork, 9/12 sea day to Iceland, 9/16 sea day to NYC.

7 casuals is a nice way to save on clothes. I will be in a top & pants, Jerry in polo & dockers.

awesome, I have been wondering how to dress on the cruise. I know what to do in Alaska and the Carib but Sept. in the North Atlantic? Help!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;9;7;16;00;00&timezone=EST-0800

<marquee width = 45%> Century Nov/00---Norway June/01---Monarch Oct/01---Grandeur Nov/01---Mercury May/02---Horizon Feb/03---Century July/03---Zenith Nov/03---Zenith Apr/04---Constellation Sept/04</marquee>

This is not a "Have To", just a heads up.

On our transatlantic on Constellation last month, the tendancy was to dress up rather than dress down. 80% of the men were in tuxes on formal nights. I saw women in formal wear on informal nights. I wore a jacket to dinner every night (dining rooms can be chilly) and never felt overdressed; dress shirt and tie on informal nights, and knit shirt w/o tie on casual nights.

Dan & Marlene

NCL Southward 04/92

Star Princess 05/95

HAL Westerdam 09/96

Norway 02/03

Constellation 04/04

Ships R Great:

Your itinerary is the same as ours last year on Millennium transatlantic, October 26, Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale, albeit about 10 days later. I didn't consider the route North Atlantic by any means. The weather was pleasant the entire way. The coolest days, as I recall, were Barcelona and Gibralter, but had it not been drizzly in Gibralter, I wouldn't have worn a jacket. It was truly hot when we got to St Maarten.

Regards

That's easy, I do Kim Bassinger, Sharon Stone & just me with 3 gowns I bought. Kim is off the shoulder & very huggy, Sharon is black Satin with lace overhang & just me is another black Armani that was $75 (after worn by a ring card girl at a fight at Caesars) so I had to have it.

Then informal is satin pants, or elephant leg pants (no dresses with wind blowing a show for men) with glitter tops, and casual is cotton tops with chino pants.

Husband wears black suit & dress shirts, ties & ties jewelry with cuban heel shoes. Informal is sportscoat, shirt & no tie. Ccsaual is dockers & polo shirts.

My long hair may be clipped in a long beaded clipdown the back, or even a pony tail or braid. Then I do Kim with it over one eye.......

Archived