Question for past Dream passengers

Roberta Rader

I realize that it takes the ship a few hours to make its way down the Mississippi on its way to the gulf. I was wondering if you still had cell phone service during this transit? It's not a big deal to me but I am traveling with people who find it difficult to unplug and think they need their cell phone until the last possible moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I haven't been on the Dream yet (Dec 2015) I have sailed on the Elation several times. Yes, you will have cell service most of the evening. Normally I have noticed that I will also have service access late the evening before we are home.

You will notice lots of people on deck on their phones the last night. I let them test it out first.

8 hours to reach the gulf! We had service till midnight. Coming home it took longer to connect though.

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

Will all of the oil rigs in the area of the mouth of the Mississippi River, your normal cell service will work. That means you will have your normal service from the Port of New Orleans until around midnight on the day you go out. Somewhere around midnight or 2AM on the day of return, you will start getting service again. I've never been charged anything by Carnival for using my cell at these times.