Carnival transfers - Hobby to Galveston

tea4ular

If you have used Carnival's transfer from Hobby to Galveston can you share your experience? A bus? Mini van? Car? I'd heard it was a 'car service' but would like to hear from someone who actually used it. I ask because if it is a car service or even mini van I was hoping to cajole the driver to stop for water and wine. I was able to do that in NYC, and the 8 in the mini van all were thrilled! Everyone gave the driver an extra tip for being so nice. :p

I recall seeing full size buses at terminal one, where Carnival sails from, on turnover day when we did our B2B2B Navigator cruises recently. That's what RCI were using for their transfers between Hobby and Terminal Two.;)

Edited by robtulipe

I am on the bus now. What a mess there were 350 people waiting for the shuttle at Hobby. I was in bags claims at 9:45 and got on the bus about 11:20. Will probably get to the pier around 12:30.

The Carnival reps at the airport said they normally only have around 80 transfers at Hobby.

This is my first and last time to use this shuttle. This time may be a fluke but I will gladly spend another twenty to thirty bucks to avoid this

I am on the bus now. What a mess there were 350 people waiting for the shuttle at Hobby. I was in bags claims at 9:45 and got on the bus about 11:20. Will probably get to the pier around 12:30.

The Carnival reps at the airport said they normally only have around 80 transfers at Hobby.

This is my first and last time to use this shuttle. This time may be a fluke but I will gladly spend another twenty to thirty bucks to avoid this

Travel safe and thanks for letting me know! Have fun!!