Caribbean Flights

Hi, for better or worse we've booked a Cuban Fusion cruise in April on Dream! Apparently we get fast passes through customs and airport lounges in with our premium economy seats from Manchester but no-one at Thomsons customer service appears to know which lounge we can go in or how we access either service. (no tickets needed!)

I know this is a new thing but anyone heard anything at all about it? :)

I* don't think that the free lounge passes start until May, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. When Thomson used to give free passes with their A la carte hotels, details of which lounge it applied to came with the tickets. Hope that helps.

Summer season must start in April as it said lounge and fast pass on the list when we ticked premium economy when we booked online (I printed it off just in case).

Also had 2 e-mails from Thomson customer service that say we'll be allocated on the day and don't need tickets but neither sounded very sure. They probably have not been told how it works yet as it hasn't started.

:)

Hopefully we'll get tickets with our e-tickets Thanks

Edited by annibear

never had a free lounge? but we do get fast track security at gatwick, they put a premium sticker on your boarding card at checkin/bag drop

i wouldnt go into the lounge's at gatwick... not even if they were free, the lounge's at gatwick north are pants! much prefer to go to jamie olivers or cafe rouge (upstairs) quieter, better food, not too dear for breakfast and a reasonably good view of the (end of) the runway too:cool:

We are flying out from Manchester to Montego Bay on 24th March 2015 doing a 2 week cruise on the Dream. We have upgraded to Premium Economy for the flights and I recently checked with the travel agent about the priority check in/security and access to the airport lounge, as online it states that it starts in 'summer 2015'. She said it will be available for our holiday and that the passes will be given to us at check in. Hope this helps.

If you are going on a cruise , you won't need fast tracked or a lounge on arrival in Jamaica as you get taken straight to the bus to the ship where immigration is done very quickly - worth having the lounge for coming back though

If you are going on a cruise , you won't need fast tracked or a lounge on arrival in Jamaica as you get taken straight to the bus to the ship where immigration is done very quickly - worth having the lounge for coming back though

why would someone book a lounge on arrival??... departure yes, but on arrival you usually just transfer straight from the airport to the ship/resort/hotel ...even if you arive at resort/hotel/ship early you can usually use their facilities untill your room is ready

Someone else has told me that since we booked but the blurb on the internet next to where they asked for me to tick the box to hand over £200 or so pounds said we would get "airport lounge and fast pass through security in UK airports" (amongst other things) if we booked premium economy seats.

As Thomson already knew what dates the holiday was for (April 7th 2015) I assume that they have decided to begin these offers in April.

I also received an e-mail from Thomson confirming "I've checked your booking and can confirm that passenger's from Summer 2015 will have access to the airport lounge at Manchester, Birmingham and London Gatwick airport."

Again as they know my booking is for April 2015 they are obviously classing that as Summer.

Very confusing. I suggest you double check your entitlement with your TA or Thomson before you cancel your lounge booking. :)

Morning.

I got in touch with my TA and she got in touch with Thomsons, who replied with the following.

"

I have spoken with Thomson’s regarding the added extras planned to be added to the Premium Seat Service.

They have confirmed to me that this will be taking place from Summer 2015.

The Thomson’s Summer programme doesn’t begin until May 2015, this cruise is still classed as part of the Winter programme so unfortunately will not be able to benefit from the added extras."

I'll hang on to my lounge passes, hope everyone else does get them though.

See you all soon.