Help with ocean view suite.

dsschmidt1995

We are doing an ocean view suite, what room numbers/levels would you suggest? On the ship, Magic

Thanks!

I stayed in an OS on the Glory in May. Our cabin was 7238 fwd. I believe the OS cabins are on most if not all Empress deck 7. For cabin location, it was great. Just a few steps down the hall to the atrium elevators. Up two deck's to go outside to Lido to the buffet and pool. Sandwiched in between cabins from both Upper deck and Verandah, so virtually no noise. Only downside was the neighbors who got peeved at us for sitting on our balcony at 9pm talking because they had kids sleeping, so we didn't get to enjoy our balcony to the full potential - but not the ships fault at all!

thanks! Are the ocean suites worth the money? :)

I got my OS from an upgrade call prior to sailing so I didn't pay full price for it. However, with the double sinks, large shower where you don't have to fight the shower curtain as you have sliding doors, change room and added space - it is worth it! I am booked in a regular balcony for my cruise this May and we debated getting the suite again. But because it's such a port intensive itinerary we decided against it.

It is an awesome room! You and spouse can get ready at the same time and not worry about being in each others way or wait until one is done so you can start. You won't regret getting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry,but I would NOT have stopped using my balcony on behalf of the neighbors. That seems ridiculous that theh asked you that. You were very nice to be accomodating though!

They made it very uncomfortable for us. Every time we stepped foot on our balcony they would make rude comments about how we kept them up all night when it was 9pm and as soon as they asked us to be quiet we respected them and went into the room. After that they would just make other comments to each other when they knew we were standing there. It got to the point where we just didn't want to hear it anymore. I am hoping for wonderful neighbours this time around!

They made it very uncomfortable for us. Every time we stepped foot on our balcony they would make rude comments about how we kept them up all night when it was 9pm and as soon as they asked us to be quiet we respected them and went into the room. After that they would just make other comments to each other when they knew we were standing there. It got to the point where we just didn't want to hear it anymore. I am hoping for wonderful neighbours this time around!

Your a better person than I, after paying the kind of money for a cruise and being told by someone else to be quiet.. yeah.. would not have went over quite as well. :D

• 2 months later...

I have a young child that goes to bed at 7, I understand not wanting loud neighbors. With that being said, normal noise is unavoidable and part of being in close quarters, so we travel with a really loud fan providing ambient white noise. Hopefully, they'll think of something similar next time.