Carnival Fascination & Excursions

kaitlynxoxo7

Hello everyone! I'm a first time cruiser and have a few questions about booking excursions and such for my cruise on 4/6/15

We are going to Nassau & Freeport.

For Nassau we want to go to the British Columbia Hilton and get a day pass.

1)Can be buy this in advance at all?

For Freeport:

We wanted to book through carnival to be safe. Our group wanted to catamaran snorkel.

1) For the fascination if we dock at 8am how quick can we get off the boat?

2) what is a good time to book an excursion?

[the website states the excursion is at 9am, is that a good time or should be look for another one?]

3) how easy is it to get to excursions usually?

4) on the carnival website, if the excursion time says 9am? Is it only at 9 or is there more? We are looking at the $74.99 snorkel!

Thank you in advance everyone for all your help! This is my first post and this website has helped me more then I could ever imagine!

Kaitlyn & Friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I'm a first time cruiser and have a few questions about booking excursions and such for my cruise on 4/6/15

We are going to Nassau & Freeport.

For Nassau we want to go to the British Columbia Hilton and get a day pass.

1)Can be buy this in advance at all?

For Freeport:

We wanted to book through carnival to be safe. Our group wanted to catamaran snorkel.

1) For the fascination if we dock at 8am how quick can we get off the boat?

2) what is a good time to book an excursion?

[the website states the excursion is at 9am, is that a good time or should be look for another one?]

3) how easy is it to get to excursions usually?

4) on the carnival website, if the excursion time says 9am? Is it only at 9 or is there more? We are looking at the $74.99 snorkel!

Thank you in advance everyone for all your help! This is my first post and this website has helped me more then I could ever imagine!

Kaitlyn & Friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Nassau...yes, you book ahead of time...check out Island Marketing dot com

If you are booking your excursion through Carnival, the night before you're in port you will receive your excursion tickets during turn down service. On the tickets, it will tell you where on the ship and at what time you are to meet in the morning (on my first cruise, we always met in the theater). Then you and the others who are on that same excursion will be guided off the ship to your tour guide/group. If the ship docks at 8:00 and your excursion is at 9:00, you will probably meet somewhere on the ship at 8:15 or 8:30. If you book through Carnival, you'll be fine and your tickets will have all that information on them.

Also -- if there is more than one excursion offered that day, then Carnival's website will list multiple time options and you can choose your preference. However most excursions are only one large group and there's only one time option. So if the excursion you want only has a 9:00 departure, then that's when it is.

Edited by iheartmarshall

If you get the chance when you go to Nassau, make sure to take an hour or so to hit the Pirates of Nassau museum. :D There are pirate re-enactors and it's designed to give you an in-depth look at real pirate life in the golden age of piracy (1700-to about 1800 or so). :D

It's only about a 15 min walk from the ship, easy to find near a bunch of the shops frequented by tourists.

Also...something I noticed when we were in Nassau? There seem to be NO speed limits and no crosswalks, so be careful.