Zip lines in Puerto Vallarta

jess98ac

Has anyone used Princess's excursion for this? We tried to sign up with Los Veranos but they are closed on Sundays in Sept and Oct and that's when we'll be there. I really would like to do this but haven't really heard anything good or bad about the cruise line's company!

Thanks!!

Jess

Has anyone used Princess's excursion for this? We tried to sign up with Los Veranos but they are closed on Sundays in Sept and Oct and that's when we'll be there. I really would like to do this but haven't really heard anything good or bad about the cruise line's company!

Thanks!!

Jess

Based on the description from the Princess web site, I believe they work with/thru Vallarta Adventures http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

I did this excursion while on a land vacation last November. It was allot of fun and the trip to the site gave you a good view of the local countryside to the north of PV. I haven't used either of the other two zip line companies in PV so I can't give you a comparison. I will likely try the Los Veranos excursion this November just beacuse it will be something different.

The price thru the cruise line is a bit higher (surprise-surprise) as apposed to direct booking but it does include transportation to/from the ship vs going to their tour office.

Enjoy!

I'm also interested in hearing about the tour that Princess offers. We'll probably book independent, but would still like to compare what the ship offers.

The price thru the cruise line is a bit higher (surprise-surprise) as apposed to direct booking but it does include transportation to/from the ship vs going to their tour office.

How did you get from the ship to Vallarta Adventures?

We did the tour thru RCCL but I presume Princess would operate the same way with them - they pick you up right as you exit from the ship into the "general public" area - there is a rep from Vallarta Adventures holding a sign - you can't miss her - she has a clip board with her list of booked passengers! Then they take you on a little boat ride thru the canals to the Vallarta Adventure office, where they then put you in the back of big open trucks to take you waaaaay in the country to the zips. It is a great adventure just getting there..!!! Enjoy. Jayna

Does anybody know how long it takes to get off the ship (Carnival Pride) at Puerto Vallarta?

We are looking to book the zip line tour with Los Veranos but are unsure if we have time to catch the 10 am tour. The Pride is scheduled to dock at 8 am ship time which is 9 am PV Time, right? Is 45 minutes enough time to get off the ship, catch a yellow taxi, and get to the Pemex station?

Thanks for the help!

Canopy de los Veranos is the one you want to do. We did it last week and it was awesome.

Getting off the Pride is very easy. Give yourself about an hour to get to the Tour office which is in S. Vallarta in Conchas Chinas.

Get off the boat and go to the Pemex station outside the terminal. Get a Yellow Cab (the White vans inside the terminal area are much more expensive). The cab ride should be no more than $8.00. Tell the driver you are going to the canopy tour and he will know where to take you. The tour itinerary says it takes 20 minutes but the traffic in the immediate area of the terminal can be heavy so allow more time. The office is just across the street from the Pemex station (in Conchas). From there they will put you in a van or an open truck depending on how many people are going up. It's about another 30 minutes to the base station.

The tour itself is incredible. Very, very safe and they take a lot of time explaining the procedure before you start.

Leave time to eat at Poncho's and swim in the river. Make a point to let them put Dr. Kevorkian on you face....they'll know exactly what you are talking about!

You should leave yourself a total of about 5 hours start to finish which would leave enough time to do other stuff but we went back to the boat immediately becaue the T storms were building. Good thing because 20 minutes after we reboarded the heavens opened for a good 2.5 hours.

Have fun! We're still suffering Pride withdrawls.

When we get back to the ship is it close enough to other things to do a little sight seeing?

There is a Wallmart within a short walk - and right at the ship is a number of typical touristy trap places. Frankly though, by the time we got back to the ship I couldn't wait to have a shower! - we had the Los Calestas Rhythms tour booked for that evening as well so I was way to tired for any sightseeing.

Hi,

How scary is this tour and how high would you say the zip lines are? I'd like to consider trying this but have a slight fear of heights. :) If I chicken out as I'm sure may happen from time to time, is it easy to just watch others and still stay with them? Thanks!

The highest and longest line is a quarter mile long and about 400 - 500 feet above the river. I found myself focusing on what was ahead of me and not below. It goes so fast there isn't a whole lot of time to worry about the height.

Go for it!!!

I'm also interested in hearing about the tour that Princess offers. We'll probably book independent, but would still like to compare what the ship offers.

If you are going to book any of the zip line excursions independently, you will have to make your own way to the their tour office. The Vallarta Adventures office is located on the north side of the marina. Exit the port, catch a yellow taxi and tell the driver where you want to go. Same holds true for Loc Veranos except their office is on the south side of old Vallarta.

If time allows, and you want to do some sight seing after the excursion, Los Veranos would likely be the better choice because their tour office is on the south side of old Vallarta and you can work your way north thru the city before you take a cab back to the ship.

Check out the city maps at http://www.vallartaonline.com/

The Vallarta Adventures office is located on the north side of the marina on "Mastil". Los Veranos office is located near the gas pump on the "Zona Romantica" map.

Enjoy!

Archived