Goff's Caye

RenoNanaOz

Hi, going to be on the Glory 4/25 and stopping in Belize. I have been looking at reviews of Goff's Caye and all are good. We will be the only ship in port that day so the smallness doesn't worry me. However, I have read reviews about it being a long tender ride and timing could be an issue. Anyone ever been, any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

We did the excursion to goffs caye with Island marketing I can highly recommend them the tender was fine we had plenty of time to get to the port on the tender boat it is about 15 mins on the tender. Goffs Caye was amazing my favourite excursion of the cruise. Enjoy

We went with island marketing for the snorkeling. They took us out 100 yards and swam back to the island. They didn't take us to a reef at all. I can't imagine how anyone wrote a legitimate positive review. Long boat ride for a little beach and rum drinks. We felt robbed.

We did a snorkeling excursion with Exotic Eco Tours and they took us to Goff's Caye. The water was warm and clear but there were not a ton of fish. Our snorkel guide would dive down and bring up fish/crabs for us to see. There really isn't a lot at Goff's Caye. You can almost throw a baseball from one end of the island to the other. But it had a very remote feeling and we actually really enjoyed it.

We went with island marketing for the snorkeling. They took us out 100 yards and swam back to the island. They didn't take us to a reef at all. I can't imagine how anyone wrote a legitimate positive review. Long boat ride for a little beach and rum drinks. We felt robbed.

I had the same experience about a year ago. I would not go back there.

Thanks everyone we decided against it after looking into it further. No real restaurant, just food and rum punch made by locals. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness so I wouldn't feel comfortable eating and drinking not seeing where it was made. Also no beach chairs. We booked Starfish Island through Carnival instead.