Thank you for all your help!

Just a note to thank everyone on this board who wrote about EOS and/or answered my questions about EOS and cruising in general.:D

Although I didn't get to go on this cruise, I joined the boards to help my elderly Mom and her friend sail on the 8/30 EOS out of Boston. She and I hadn't cruised since the '70's!!! :) She is a widow and really deserved a nice vacation.

I got her (& friend) on the ship yesterday. Considering all the horror down south (my prayers go out to all suffering from Katrina), we all considered it a special blessing that the 2 planes (one from Atlanta and one from Ft. Lauderdale) made it into Boston on time and without problems.

You all have been more than kind and generous with your answers, patience and sharing. The trip would have been very stressful without you!

As for the Enchantment of the Seas...I have seen a few ships at the Boston port but this one took my breath away!!! What a ship! And I only saw it from the outside. When we were checking them in-they could only see it from a window (the angle we pulled it with the car didn't allow any view of it). My Mom thought it was a building at first!

And I highly reccomend doing your Sea Pass Online!!!!! The people who didn't check in online were in a huge line and it was hot/muggy in there. It was the crunch time-around 12:30/1:00- and the place was packed. They sailed in and had their passes in 5 minutes!

The weather is still rainy and muggy- I doubt that very many people went to Martha's Vineyard. I just hope Bar Harbor is a little clearer tomorrow.

I am also concerned that the walk to the dining room will just about use up all their energy. They are all the way up front. We shall see. Next time it would be worth it to pay the extra $ and reserve a specific cabin. And pay as soon as possible! By the time they had both decided to go-the price had gone up twice in 2 days!

In any case-we are praying for all those in Mississippi and New Orleans.

Thank you all again-

Happy Cruising-I will write again with my Mom's review on Sunday night.

Best-

Diva in boston

Archived