Half moon Cay Wedding ceremony-

Hi there,

i'm new to the cruise critic community so forgive me if I'm not doing it correctly. I wanted to post this because there isn't much information online anywhere so maybe by posting this, I can get some ideas.. My fiancé and I are booked for a wedding cruise on the carnival Pride this September leaving Baltimore, MD. We are very excited but nervous about what to expect! The ceremony will be at the beach (not the chapel) on carnivals private island, Half Moon Cay, and our "reception" will be held later that night by taking all of our guest sailing with us to the steak house on board the ship.. has anyone ever seen or had a wedding ceremony or renewal take place on the island? If you've had one please let me know your opinion! How was the on board wedding coordinator? music selection? ceremony itself? PLEASE TELL ME EVEYTHING!! LOL

I'm curious about the photography as well, I know what to expect price wise- but how good is the quality? the whole point of a destination wedding is for the scenery and the hopes of getting amazing pictures... My hopes are very high!!

Also we are having our cake delivered that night to our "reception" in the steakhouse, anyone know what to do about decorations for the cake? if we bring our own on board will they decorated it for you? any ideas on that?

Also how is the steak house on board carnival ships? I've seen them but have never eaten there. We will be paying for all 30 guest for dinner that night, we want it to be worth the money well be spending.

ANY and all comments or advise on ceremonies at half moon cay would be greatly appreciated! thank you so much :-)

Emily

• 1 year later...

Hi Emily!

I have booked my wedding for Feb 2017 at the beach on half moon cay & i was wondering if you could tell me how your ceremony went? There is literally no information about ceremonies on half moon cay. We decided not to have a reception back on board since we will have an above average amount of sailing guests. but i would really like to know how your ceremony went. Any information you could give me would be awesome!

Thank you!

Hi there! I must say that I felt the same way before our ceremony, there really isn't much online to help go off of! I'm so happy we choose half moon cay! It's was even more beautiful than I imagined! (It was our first time to that island ) ..I know it seems kind of unorganized and crazy right now, When you get onboard you're wedding coordinator does a great job getting everything you need taken care of, and made sure the ceremony went smoothly! Our photographer did an awesome job, I'm so happy with how everything came out!! We didn't do a reception on board, we rented a cabana so us and our guest could spend time on enjoying the island! Instead we had our cake delivered to David's steakhouse that evening ! Do you have specific questions? I'd be more than happy to answer and send you pictures! Feel free to email me if it is easier!

Emily.degnars@gmail.com