Avalon's Eiffel Tower Tour

hmcrn

Hi! Has anyone taken Avalon's tour of the Eiffel Tower the day of embarkation? I would like to know what exactly you saw on the Avalon tour, and if they took you down underneath. My husband is an engineer, and really wants to explore it. I am torn on scheduling this myself or taking theirs. It would be easiest to take their tour, but might not be as complete? Thanks!!

Hi! Has anyone taken Avalon's tour of the Eiffel Tower the day of embarkation? I would like to know what exactly you saw on the Avalon tour, and if they took you down underneath. My husband is an engineer, and really wants to explore it. I am torn on scheduling this myself or taking theirs. It would be easiest to take their tour, but might not be as complete? Thanks!!

We took this tour last July (14). The bus picked us up at the hotel that Avalon uses in Paris, about 1pm. We went directly to the Eiffel Tower. We avoided any lines, which is a plus for taking a tour with a group. We went to the 2nd level which is where most tours go. To get to the very top, you need another ticket and must take another elevator. We did NOT go underneath the tower. We had plenty of time for viewing and pix - then descended and walked around the base of the tower, with time for more pix and some shopping. From there, the bus took us directly to the boat, arriving around 4:30.

I do not know how much Avalon charges for this tour, but if you want a more intimate experience, you can do this on your own.

Last time I was in Paris with my DW (my second, her first time in Paris), I booked online the Eiffel Tower Dinner and Seine river cruise tour. It was simply romantic and fabulous. The evening started with pick up in our hotel. Because the tour is pricey, we were the only couple. we were taken straight to Eiffel Tower and up the elevator we go, no lines. The driver gave us details on when and where to meet him afterward, then he took off. The 58 Eiffel Tower restaurant is on first level, and the food and view were just fabulous. A carafe of wine was included. After the dinner, you have plenty of time to go up to second level or walk around to Trocadero etc. Then we hopped on one of the boat and took the seine cruise.... Paris at night is just magical. After we are all done, we just meet the driver at the appointed time and place.

DW and I still talk about this. It was pricey, but so worth it!

We took this tour last July (14). The bus picked us up at the hotel that Avalon uses in Paris, about 1pm. We went directly to the Eiffel Tower. We avoided any lines, which is a plus for taking a tour with a group. We went to the 2nd level which is where most tours go. To get to the very top, you need another ticket and must take another elevator. We did NOT go underneath the tower. We had plenty of time for viewing and pix - then descended and walked around the base of the tower, with time for more pix and some shopping. From there, the bus took us directly to the boat, arriving around 4:30.

Thanks! One more question for you - was this a guided tour? Did they talk about the history, and point out some of the famous sites?

Thanks! One more question for you - was this a guided tour? Did they talk about the history, and point out some of the famous sites?

Yes, it was a guided tour, and the guide was very knowledgeable when we got to the 2nd level and she pointed out everything for us. We had plenty of time to walk around and take pix after her talk. We were then on our own till we met her back at the bus.