World Cruise 2006 January 5th

baybeachgirl

Is anyone booked for the Prinsendam, Lauderdale to New York World Cruise? If so, have you heard of any port cancellations and do you have any concerns about the itinerary? Thanks for your input.

There are a few ports where I, personally, would probably stay on board for the day, if the schedule stays the same, but I'm sure the situation will be evaluated right up to sailing time and even during the cruise. This year we were enroute to Tonga and had to detour to Fiji at the last minute for what were apparently political reasons.

Keep up to date on state department warnings and be prepared for changes. Be assured that HAL doesn't want their ship in any dangerous ports and will not intentionally put you in harms way.

(I'm not booked for 2006, so for me it's an acedemic discussion)

(I'm not booked for 2006, so for me it's an acedemic discussion)

You mean we're not gonna have your onboard diary this coming year? Oh, man ... I was so looking forward to it. Maybe 2007?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Grumpy,

Thanks so much for your reply....I have read the wonderful reviews of your own personal world cruise adventures. We are long time Hal cruisers...and in fact, were on the Baltic cruise with Ruthc when that very big wave hit our ship a couple of years ago. We're closing in on over two hundred days at sea with Hal. My husband booked the Circle of the Sun cruise , months ago but I'm now having some concerns. We have recieved an email from HAL about the cancellation of Sharm el Sheik, Egypt...which is fine with me. But I have some nagging concerns about this particular world cruise. He is a retired Marine, need I say more?

Thanks again for your input and any further encouragement at this time...baybeachgirl

Archived