I heard inside stuff about upgrades what do you think?

hjlanda22

Ok I talked with someone and LEARNED that when on a first time cruise you book a Guarantee your chance of upgrade is VERY GREAT meaning most where upgraded to a balconey from and INSIDE!! As I was on my first...... but I was told this is done to get the first timmers hooked so to speak.... It worked for me if you can say that.

Now I booked the same thing (guarantee inside) and have many quesions, and this is how I found this information out.

SO when I booked the I called carnival and they booked it for me and the REP. told me I have a 70-80% chance of an upgrade because I was a past guest and what not.....

Later is when I found the above information out.... I was also told on the spirit class ships upgrades are NOT un-common due to the fact 80% of thier cabins are outside cabins.

So what do you all think of this information......

If this info is correct that would mean we are trusting to that fact carnival tells us OH YOURE A PAST GUEST THATS EVEN BETTER FOR YOU! and then that would mean it is all lies when being a past guest IS NOT better for anyone........

I post this because everyone wants to know if there is a SYSTEM to upgrading and if no one knows the system then could this BE THE ACUTAL TRUTH.......

Just want some feedback for me and I'm sure others anre intrested in knowing....... Thanks to everyone whom post's replies!

In February, we did a 5-day cruise out of Galveston on the Ecstasy and did an Outside Guarantee - we were upgraded from a 6A to 6D in a very nice location. This cruise sold out about 2 weeks before the cruise (it was a Valentine's Day cruise) but we were assigned and stayed in the cabins assigned 36 days before the cruise. This was our 4th Carnival cruise.

So, I would imagine it has more to do with availability than whether it's your 1st or 15th cruise.

for every upgrade, there are 20 fold non-upgraded. For every Carnival PVP that "claims" to know the system, there are at least 10 fold exceptions to the "so called rule"

The basics are this: Book the minimum cabin you will be happy with, because if you are counting on an upgrade, you will be disappointed.

I post this because everyone wants to know if there is a SYSTEM to upgrading and if no one knows the system then could this BE THE ACUTAL TRUTH.......

Just want some feedback for me and I'm sure others anre intrested in knowing....... Thanks to everyone whom post's replies!

I have always have had luck with Upgrades, but I resently joined Carnival Vacation club, so far my upgrades were, a Friend got an Inside 4A got his upgrade to a 4c but when he got to the ship it was an 8h balcony. I just got a 5a with French Doors from a 1a. not bad.

Our BEST upgrade was on our first cruise. We booked an inside guarantee and got a balcony on the Verandah.

SEE there is another one...... Exaclty what I am told about.... I mean OF COURSE if upgrades are simpy not avialible new cruiser's wont be getting one and in my opionion neither will others....

so it does not blow the thery away at all..... (this was to the above statement form antoher poster on this thread)

Thank you for your post!

I have always have had luck with Upgrades, but I resently joined Carnival Vacation club, so far my upgrades were, a Friend got an Inside 4A got his upgrade to a 4c but when he got to the ship it was an 8h balcony. I just got a 5a with French Doors from a 1a. not bad.

What is this vacation club in which you speak of??????:D

Like I told you last week, there is no rhyme or reason. My first cruise was a guarantee, I was moved from a 6A to a 6B... woo hoo :rolleyes: Next guarantee there was no upgrade, next guarantee (booked 2 months out) I was upgraded within the same category, but up 4 decks, next guarantee upgrade 3 decks...

I promise you, every time you think you have it figured out, you will find holes in that theory... each and every single time. There is simply no rhyme or reason... they may draw straws, who knows :D

Like I told you last week, there is no rhyme or reason. My first cruise was a guarantee, I was moved from a 6A to a 6B... woo hoo :rolleyes: Next guarantee there was no upgrade, next guarantee (booked 2 months out) I was upgraded within the same category, but up 4 decks, next guarantee upgrade 3 decks...

I promise you, every time you think you have it figured out, you will find holes in that theory... each and every single time. There is simply no rhyme or reason... they may draw straws, who knows :D

I know what you said, but that is ONE person (you), I am asking everyone..... not just you, which is why I posted what I was told by a person whom worked for carnival and assigned cabins, granteed there maybe according to you NO ryme or reason as to upgrades, but there is the option to speculate and hope..... SO please do not rain on the parade and I dont mean this in a negitive way........ There COULD very well be one day the system is cracked you never know..... unless you have PROOF there is no reason beshide personal thought and experiance...... then there is room for speculation....... diffrent people might not agree with you and some might agree with you...... But understand just because YOU SAY what you say in your post here does not mean you are RIGHT nor does it ever mean that you are allways RIGHT. I never make the intension of WHAT I SAY GOES but somehow you do, I post something and here you are to try and stop my posts, I dont know if you do it to others but....... LEt us guess and post thoughts and try and figure it out if we cant well HEY it kills time until the NEXT cruise! which is allways GREAT right? Thanks for you post's and I look forward to MORE!!!!

:D

I know what you said, but that is ONE person (you), I am asking everyone..... not just you, which is why I posted what I was told by a person whom worked for carnival and assigned cabins, granteed there maybe according to you NO ryme or reason as to upgrades, but there is the option to speculate and hope..... SO please do not rain on the parade and I dont mean this in a negitive way........ There COULD very well be one day the system is cracked you never know..... unless you have PROOF there is no reason beshide personal thought and experiance...... then there is room for speculation....... diffrent people might not agree with you and some might agree with you...... But understand just because YOU SAY what you say in your post here does not mean you are RIGHT nor does it ever mean that you are allways RIGHT. I never make the intension of WHAT I SAY GOES but somehow you do, I post something and here you are to try and stop my posts, I dont know if you do it to others but....... LEt us guess and post thoughts and try and figure it out if we cant well HEY it kills time until the NEXT cruise! which is allways GREAT right? Thanks for you post's and I look forward to MORE!!!!

It wasn't just me that answered you in that THREAD... MANY people did. I know you really want to find out how upgrades are assigned... I have NEVER tried to STOP your POSTS. YOU posted THIS a couple of TIMES last week, and MANY people ANSWERED you... not JUST me. SORRY I offended YOU... MAYBE you will get OTHER people that didn't ANSWER you last WEEK.

I NEVER said I was always RIGHT... but THREAD after thread has been DONE on this over the YEARS, and it ALWAYS ends the SAME. But have FUN... hope you FIND what you are LOOKING for.

It wasn't just me that answered you in that THREAD... MANY people did. I know you really want to find out how upgrades are assigned... I have NEVER tried to STOP your POSTS. YOU posted THIS a couple of TIMES last week, and MANY people ANSWERED you... not JUST me. SORRY I offended YOU... MAYBE you will get OTHER people that didn't ANSWER you last WEEK.

I NEVER said I was always RIGHT... but THREAD after thread has been DONE on this over the YEARS, and it ALWAYS ends the SAME. But have FUN... hope you FIND what you are LOOKING for.

I know it was not just you. you started off in a smart alic way "Like I told you last week" as if it were meant to put me down, (and I know you know what I mean) what I meant by stop the post is meaning the way you have been replying to me on other posts too, is written in a way as if you were saying "Thats, That, and the way it is period!" I did not post this a couple of times! I simply posted what I was told it is a NEW POST. I did not ask the same questions you are WRONG, I am asking what people think about what I was told (NEW INFORMATION).

Well I'm glad you interpreted what I meant, because of course you know better as to what I was saying than I do myself...

Good luck in your research...

You forgot to bold your sentences and CAPITALIZE a number of words as well to EMPHASIZE your point! ;)

Hey, you know what I heard? A person that works for the National Enquirer told me that all their stories are true. This person works for National Enquirer so what they said must be the truth. What does everyone else think?

You forgot to bold your sentences and CAPITALIZE a number of words as well to EMPHASIZE your point! ;)

Hey, you know what I heard? A person that works for the National Enquirer told me that all their stories are true. This person works for National Enquirer so what they said must be the truth. What does everyone else think?

I don't know why you have do add fuel to this fire in which you have nothing to do with. Please do not make fun of the way I might type or do my best to get my point across. Further more if indeed you understand why I CAPITILIZE and bold my words then it does do my post justice correct, and makes my points come across, because you GOT IT! (you like that) Don't make fun of me nor anyone eles here on these boards it is nasty and extremly in bad taste, as no one will do this to you... Your other statement as to mock me... is childish. No one ever said a thing as to the fact of my sentence being absolute!

where in my original post does it say "It must be the truth"???

What it said is IF indeed this was true.... Dont turn a post into a trash thread I am sure people WILL NOT tolorate that behavior

Well I'm glad you interpreted what I meant, because of course you know better as to what I was saying than I do myself...

Good luck in your research...

OK, Ok, Ok, if I feel you came across rude then thats how you came across, if I am wrong then explian that to me instead of adding to it further. You seem to never be wrong here so fine I give in, Your right im wrong.... This is not the first time I felt you have been rude to me, I just simply wrote it off, you say something a bit rude and then add a smiley face (to write it off) in almost all of my thread's. I simply called you on it this time. And I ask why do you do this to me? If I was wrong ok then I am sorry, and I feel you should indeed look at your own post's and see how they might be a little rude sometimes, instead of jumping on me so much or being SO sarcastic to me, because it only is agrevating me, If you are frustrated with with a question then simply dont answer it right? I mean why do that to people? but then agian I am indeed the wrong one here. So just forget it I guess. :(

1. PVPs are salesmen, they will tell you anything they think you want to hear.

2. First cruise booked an 6b guarantee, got a 6b room. I guess that blows the first time cruiser theory.

duck i agree .Im just going to be happy being on the ship!!:D I didnt pay for a upgrade and im not expecting one.

What is this vacation club in which you speak of??????:D

I will be sailing the Pride this Oct, I will let you know if they have the Carnival Vacation club seminar onboard this ship. Carnival Vacation Club is something new they have, more like a Time Share type deal but for Carnival Cruise ships.

You Pay once, 5 year deal and you use Points instead of Cash. Lots of Perks with it also, to many to list. See you soon.:)

I will be sailing the Pride this Oct, I will let you know if they have the Carnival Vacation club seminar onboard this ship. Carnival Vacation Club is something new they have, more like a Time Share type deal but for Carnival Cruise ships.

You Pay once, 5 year deal and you use Points instead of Cash. Lots of Perks with it also, to many to list. See you soon.:)

Oh how cool! I do wish to learn more about this.... thanks for this information!:D

OK, Ok, Ok, if I feel you came across rude then thats how you came across, if I am wrong then explian that to me instead of adding to it further. You seem to never be wrong here so fine I give in, Your right im wrong.... This is not the first time I felt you have been rude to me, I just simply wrote it off, you say something a bit rude and then add a smiley face (to write it off) in almost all of my thread's. I simply called you on it this time. And I ask why do you do this to me? If I was wrong ok then I am sorry, and I feel you should indeed look at your own post's and see how they might be a little rude sometimes, instead of jumping on me so much or being SO sarcastic to me, because it only is agrevating me, If you are frustrated with with a question then simply dont answer it right? I mean why do that to people? but then agian I am indeed the wrong one here. So just forget it I guess. :(

I think you are reading GC's original post on this thread all wrong. She did mention she tried to help you on this in another thread. Chris is one of the most helpful posters I have ever met on here. She is a wealth of knowledge and I know I have asked her question when I did not know the answer. It's not that she is telling you that you are wrong in a mean manner....it's just that your theory does not sound correct to seasoned CCL cruisers. The only times I have ever seen Chris lose her cool is when someone is rude to her first. Perhaps because she did not agree with you earlier you are holding that against her? I am not trying to be rude whatsoever but it's really hard to interpret what someone says via typing on a message board. Normally, I don't want to get involved in these types of posts but because I know Chris on this board and others, she is not the person you are portraying her as.

Thanks Colette :o You are too kind... I did go back and read all posts that I have posted to the OP (really haven't been that many)... I didn't see anything rude, so I am bowing out, obviously I have done something horrible... but I will stick to my opinion on this matter, it has been beaten and covered a million times and we always get the same result... and knowing that the OP has mentioned in several threads and posts various theories on the guarantee upgrades, i was simply trying to reduce her stress and let her know that it's only going to drive her mad... but I bow out...

Thanks Colette :o You are too kind... I did go back and read all posts that I have posted to the OP (really haven't been that many)... I didn't see anything rude, so I am bowing out, obviously I have done something horrible... but I will stick to my opinion on this matter, it has been beaten and covered a million times and we always get the same result... and knowing that the OP has mentioned in several threads and posts various theories on the guarantee upgrades, i was simply trying to reduce her stress and let her know that it's only going to drive her mad... but I bow out...

Along with everyone else, I would love to know how the upgrade thing works. I assume it has to do with pure luck...and the mood the CCL Upgrade Fairy is in that day!!:D

Archived