RCL's Snorkel By Boat And Dunns River Falls excursion?

Tankminder

We're booked on Liberty in March to Ocho Rios and curious about the "Snorkel By Boat And Dunns River Falls" off of RCL's excursion page. Anyone taken it? Is the actual snorkeling any good? I really enjoy snorkeling when on vacation and cruising and the description on the website is pretty lean. I looked in the "Ports of Call" forum but didn't find any reference to it.

Thanks.

Can't say much for the snorkeling, but we did the falls once during a Carnival cruise...can't imagine the falls tour would be a whole lot different.

It was fun. The whole group gathered at the park. Went by a little stand that had water shoes for those that didn't bring their own...If you have some $10-15 slip on type from target or whatever that'd be perfect.....we walked along the falls a bit then down to near where the outlet was and the told us some safety stuff, then we proceeded. There were a few places where we had to hold hands with the person in front of or behind us. So if you're shy...well, be careful.

we hiked up the falls and at the end walking back towards town we were led through the gauntlet of mostly bob marley paraphernalia vendors. Just keep going unless you see some hanging door bead thingers you just have to have, It's your money, buy some. Heck buy some for your boss, they're probably cheap.

Then we walked back to town, did a beach club thing and I got wasted on rum and punch. That stuff reeeaallly snuck up on me...They had some barbeque chicken that was pretty good. Somewhere we have our cruise pics, and there's a stack of those 8 oz. plastic cups next to my chair. When we left we hit up a few stores, got a free shot at Margaritaville, turned down a ride from some cab driver wanting me to buy weed- or maybe it was some other drug, still not sure on that one. Then we walked back to the ship.

Needless to say, but I will anyway, we went to dinner. Got back to the room and threw everything up. I stayed in bed while the wife went to the late theatre show. Hungover before morning, so you know it was a good time! Ah, to be young again!

All in all it was a fun port day in Jamaica, but I couldn't tell you about the snorkeling.

Edited by splash_in_the_water

• 2 weeks later...

Tankminder, sadly we did not stop in Ochos Rios. Liberty experienced some engine problems and we operated at a reduced speed. We got our day in Labadee and the rest of the time was at sea. The trip was still a great time and we made the most of Labadee. The zip line was awesome! In case anyone was wondering!

Captcrit - thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah, I was tracking your engine troubles on the thread here. Sorry you missed Ocho Rios, but it appears they were able to resolve the engine issue when you got back to Fla. I booked the zip line in Labadee as well :)

We went ahead and booked the excursion in Ocho Rios so we'll see how it goes! I'll report back here in a month or so - we leave March 23rd. Thanks again!