Any Conquest News?????

TexJan's Hubby

They need to make a decision. I would assume part of their delay is a PR move to not seem so insensitive to the disaster victims...the number of people affected by them moving the ship to where ever is much less than the number of people affected by the Hurricane.

However, with that said, I have read on various other threads here that some PVP's and TA's have said that Carnival will have a decision on 9/2/05 about the future Conquest cruises.

This was posted on the 10/30 Conquest Roll Call thread at 1pm Eastern Time on 9/1/05. Fact or fiction, I dunno. But it it's true, we should be hearing something soon. Still nothing on the carnival website.

Today, 01:00 PM

aerotejas user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_4592047", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifUpdate /KATRINA & what I know....

Hey Conquesters, Since I work for an airline, we keep in communication with the cruise companies on a daily basis, as for now and until further notice Carnival Conquest will be going in and out of Galveston. THat's what we were just told about an hour ago. This could change but for now Galveston is the route...So the itin and times may very well change, too. Carnival is suppose to be working on calling their pax, however, they are calling the upcoming cruises 1st. I will try to keep you updated the best I can as we are SWAMPED at work.

TexJan's Hubby,

You'll also find some of our message traffic on the Roll Call site for Conquest 9/25.

I talked to Carnival this morning and they took my phone number and said they would call as soon as the have a firm plan. I don't expect that to be very soon, given the logistical issues of selecting a new port.

We were hoping it would be Galveston so I made a hotel reservation in Houston for the 24th. The problem with Galveston is that it has only two operational terminals and both are used on Sunday. They will have to add another temperary terminal or change the sailing dates to another day of the week. That creates problems with the dates they have already established with the destinations.

Most people think Mobile is now the most likely port they will use. I think they used it for the Conquest the first 6 months it was operational due to some highlines that had to be raised over the Miss. river in order to get to the port of NO.

Guess we'll find out eventually.

Just a hunch, nothing more....

But if Galveston is the choice, and they don't have room for Sunday departures, I bet we go on Monday...and lose a day at sea...and return on Sunday as scheduled. That would keep all the ports the same as they can get us from Galveston to MoBay if they have to from Monday afternoon to Weds morning....

That would mean probably a shipboard credit of some sort. I have a feeling they will also offer refunds on cruises at least up to a month after the announcement of the change of ports or something like that. There will be a time limit put in place though as they can't keep offering refunds and on board credits forever. Again, just a hunch....I don't know nothing. Just speculating like everyone else here.

I'd be inclined if they knock a day off and offer a refund to see if I could get on a 7 day cruise either out of Tampa, Miami or with another line....unless their offers of onboard credits and etc is good enough to lose a day.

I was wondering the same thing. With Rhapsody and Elation in Galveston on Sunday, the traffic is bad enough without throwing another 3000 pax in the mix. They used a container port with Conquest on Sunday's emergency docking. Don't know if they can retrofit for cruisers or if that is even possible. If I were a Galveston official I would certainly be trying to make every effort to secure that BIG mama. Unfortunately, in lew of events in NOLA, Galveston could stand to gain the business. Maybe even take the added revenues and set up a disaster relief fund for NOLA. What a way to help in a dire time of need.

Thanks everyone for the info,

Mike

They have taken 3 ships in Galveston twice.Once when Carnival,Princess and Celebrity were all in town.It was a Saturday in the early part of the summer.Thing were not perfect,and there was some sort of Parade going on that day...

..But they managed.So with some patience it could be done...Ok...the other day I am talking about was when a Disney ship was here for Gas,after a Hurricane diversion..They did not actually disembark.

But there is some berthing room...And they could just postpone departure and arrival maybe.

Good Luck guys...

Most people think Mobile is now the most likely port they will use. I think they used it for the Conquest the first 6 months it was operational due to some highlines that had to be raised over the Miss. river in order to get to the port of NO.

I believe that was Gulfport Mississippi that they used which, of course, is out of the question now.

It's now official....You can go to Carnival's website and see a posting under "weather conditions" that states Conquest will be using Port of Galveston.

Not sure exactly how they will do it, maybe the Elation will leave earlier in the day and we'll leave later in the evening. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I believe that was Gulfport Mississippi that they used which, of course, is out of the question now.

HeidoHo you are correct. We were the 3rd or 4th cruise from Gulfport that year. My words of advice for Conquest cruisers....take a good attitude, they'll do the best they can. You may have a lengthier embarkation process and leave later but you're still cruising. Since Conquest is now closer to my part of the world might be a consideration for a last minute trip hmmmmmm :) .

The thing I remember the most is walking onboard and due to the pier setup we got on the ship on deck 1 or 2, like when you board in port. I'm so used to embarking into a beautiful atrium that it threw me off for a minute.

For those cruising soon with the change I know many will appreciate any feedback you give on your experience ASAP, I know this was true when they switched us to Gulfport. Galveston is very cool place by the way, stayed at Harbor House twice right at the Cruise Terminal and loved it. You're right there at The Strand too!

Galveston Limo has shuttle vans and limos too from both Houston Hobby and Bush Int'l, when sharing it was actually the cheaper way to go. They did a good job picking us up for our return as well. Just told us to give them a call on our cell and let them know when we were getting off. We waited about 10 minutes after getting luggage and there they were. Due to the amount of traffic figuring out which limo was ours was a little difficult but with the use of the cell no problemo. BTW-Texans are great, if you need help or have a question just ask away......the next thing you know....you're staying at their house. LOL

I was booked on the Conquest for 9/18. The Conquest is in Galveston for the forseeable future. If you are currently booked and decide to keep your booking, you will receive a $50 credit. You also have the option to cancel with no penalty. Other than the $50 credit, don't look for any comps. I ended up cancelling my cruise because Galveston is too far to drive. I did however book the Triumph for Nov 12th.

Archived