Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios...for a 75 year old??

Olwyn

My dad is set on doing the Canopy Tour in Ocho Rios. He is in pretty good shape, at 75, as he golfs 3x a week...but will this tour be too strenuous for him?

:confused:

What exactly is involved?

My brother in law, will also be going along...but your opinions would put my mind at ease!

Thanks so much!

Olwyn

Olwyn,

We're scheduled to do the Canopy tour in OR w/RCCL (Navigator). I am a chicken when it comes to most things so I checked it out a lot on these boards prior to us booking. This is one thread that I came across that had some good info. on your question plus good info. on picture taking, what to wear (don't forget bug spray!), etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=188500&highlight=canopy+tour

If you do a search under the Jamaica forum (just type in Canopy Tour), you'll get at least 10 or so threads that have all types of info. Some threads are for folks that are doing a trip in Montego Bay (I think they're Carnival folks) but all the threads have some good info.

From what I've read, the most strenuous part of the trip was the 10 minute walk to get to the first platform. You can also go on-line and google "The Original Canopy Tour" and find the actual website of the company that RCCL uses. You can't book direct through them (cruise ships buy out entire day while in port for their passengers) but it has some pictures, health information, etc.

Hope this all helps!

We did a canopy tour in Costa Rica with my inlaws. He was 76. As long as you are in ok shape no problem. We had to climb a few steps. Rapell down at the end. If you stop short of the platform you might have to pull hand over hand a few feet. I saw people very out of shape doing fine (they may have been extremely tired when done) There were about 50 people all together doing the zip line while we were there. I did not see one person who had to turn back or be help off the course. You should be fine.

Archived