Back to back, different ships same port.

swilden79

My husband and I have to fly from Canada for all our cruises, and we're thinking about trying a B2B, to maximize our vacation time without increasing our travel expenses.

My idea is to pick a cruise that returns to port on a Saturday, then stay overnight and board another cruise departing Sunday. That way, I can have a little time to restock our pop, etc before heading out to sea again.

Has anyone tried this before, who cares to comment?

That's why I booked the B2B. The flights are usually more expensive than the cruises. I would take a tour in Fort Lauderdale if I had a day in between. This time I'm just getting off one ship and onto the next the same day. You need to see what cruises suit your needs and chose that way. IMO

Sue

My husband and I have to fly from Canada for all our cruises, and we're thinking about trying a B2B, to maximize our vacation time without increasing our travel expenses.

My idea is to pick a cruise that returns to port on a Saturday, then stay overnight and board another cruise departing Sunday. That way, I can have a little time to restock our pop, etc before heading out to sea again.

Has anyone tried this before, who cares to comment?

Airfare for us has also gotten very expensive so we started doing 2 cruises each trip.

Yes, we did that last year in Tampa. First wetook a RCL cruise, then spent a night in a hotel, and then a Carnival cruise (all from Tampa.)

We also did a B2B on Glory last year. Glory does alternating itineraries. We had the convenience of staying on the same ship but had different sets of ports. Of course staying on one ship is the most relaxing way to take 2 cruises. It saves the hassle of packing and unpacking.

We are doing a back to back or side to side in Feb 2016 because we always wanted to do this and to maximize cost of travel and exchange travelling from Canada. Our trip will consist of an 8 day Southern on Carnival Conquest Feb 20-28 then a 6 day Western on Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas Feb 28-Mar 5.

We did an 8 day on the Freedom out of Fort Launderdale in 2010. We got off and got in our van and drove up the coast to Port Canaveral to board the Sensation for a 4 day. We drove all the way from Kansas and wanted to make it worth our while.