Splendor not so splendid

slickrick64

We too were on the Splendor on the 8th but we had an absolutely fabulous time. It was my first cruise with Carnival and I was a bit nervous having heard bad reviews. I was so pleasently surprised by how great it was. The staff was friendly and effective. The ship was clean and I always saw staff wiping something or sweeping or vacuuming.

The food was far better than anticipated. We mostly ate in the MDR and really enjoyed dinner and the sea day brunch. The few meals I had at the buffet I enjoyed. The one breakfast I had was fine. I loved the Tandoor. The only things I didn't enjoy were the hot dogs and the Mongolian. I thought it was okay, but overrated. From the reviews I had read I was expecting something really good.

All in all I think the Splendor is great and it definitely sold me on Carnival. I just booked my 2nd cruise with them last night.

What gross me out is that some passengers would use the bathroom and skip washing their hands or simply rinse under the tap without using hand soap. See this happen on every cruise.

Sorry to say, people will continue to do unsanitary things. No way to stop them unless you shine a spot light on the offender and announce the violation over the loud speaker. They do not think they are doing anything wrong.

MARAPRINCE