Carnival Balance Due

jesscruiser

I just got an email from carnival saying I have a balance due of $34 for a cruise I recently went on. The email doesn't say anything else. Just shows my booking number and balanced owed. The last day of the cruise, before I got off the ship I went to guest services to take care of my account and I had only owed an additional $1.35. The guy laughed because and told me next time if it was under five dollars to not worry about it. I called carnival and they don't know what I owe for, just that it shows a balance due. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they can't provide you a printout to show why your balance is higher than when you left the ship, then I would issues providing any additional payment. That doesn't make sense.

One time we stopped by the coffee bar waiting for our zone to be called, so I expected the additional $ over what I already saw on my printout.

Did you do anything that morning? Like last minute photo purchase?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They can't charge you for something made up. They have to tell you exactly what it is for. Don't pay it until they can tell you. If it is something you did not purchase or take, then refuse. It is only $35, they shouldn't put up too big of a fight and risk losing a customer over such a small amount.

I haven't paid yet, but I didn't make any purchases that morning and I never even took the towels out of the room. I told the lady on the phone I wasn't paying anything until they could tell me why.

Strange that they cant tell you what they are billin you for. I would make sure that each time you call get the name of the person you spoke to.

I find it very odd, especially if you went to settle your bill right before you left at guest services and you didn't buy anything after that. I have no idea what that could be. Especially if they don't have some sort of itemized bill that says what it's from I wouldn't want to pay it either!

Did you buy anything at the gift shop late on the last evening of the cruise? I did and it did not show up until after they printed my bill. I checked the sail and sign on the tv that morning paid it before disembarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had it happen before, too. I was told that it was for mini bar charges which I knew was false. I told them they had made a mistake and they took care of it. At the time I wondered how many people would just pay it without question. Might be a decent income stream. :eek:

True, but how many people do take a towel or something from the minibar and then claim they didn't? I have a feeling that happens a ton. Not saying this should excuse charging people for things they didn't buy, but I don't think Carnival is out to get anyone because in the end any extra money they could swindle from someone just covers what someone else stole.

Edited by BigB0882

True, but how many people do take a towel or something from the minibar and then claim they didn't? I have a feeling that happens a ton. Not saying this should excuse charging people for things they didn't buy, but I don't think Carnival is out to get anyone because in the end any extra money they could swindle from someone just covers what someone else stole.

so that makes it OK? I hope you are joking.

Sounds a lot like our new healthcare laws.:eek:

Bill

I had that happened to me once....they said it was for a towel that i did not take. I told them that i did not have it and they told me not to worry about it. Problem was solved with a 3 minute phone call

I am going to call them today. Hopefully they have an answer lol