New cruiser, lots of questions! Breakaway...

njhorn

I see my cruise in my NCL.com account so I'm good to go!

We are going to do some dinner/show reservations tonight... For stuff that costs money (like specialty restaurants), do we have to pay now when we make the reservation? Or does it just get charged to our account when we go on the ship? Also planning on doing the Vibe beach club with a cabana on Day 3 (the day before we port in Bermuda)

Also planning on doing the Vibe beach club with a cabana on Day 3 (the day before we port in Bermuda)

Cabanas will almost certainly not be available for a day rental. There are only 5 of them and they go very quickly to those that rent them for a full week ($299 for two ppl & includes $100 OBC). More often than not, Vibe passes sell out within the first hour of boarding, so make sure you get to the port early and get the lowest boarding number possible. Sign up for Lattitudes if you already aren't as you'll get priority check in.

In order to get Latitudes benefits (Bronze level), one needs to have at least one point. Latitudes is a loyalty program and there is no loyalty yet as enrollment only doesn't mean that a member would have already cruised with NCL.

Also the lines to even Gold/Platinum lines aren't usually that much faster than regular check-in lines - depending on the port they however might give lower boarding group numbers to higher level Latitudes members (experienced that once).

In order to get Latitudes benefits (Bronze level), one needs to have at least one point. Latitudes is a loyalty program and there is no loyalty yet as enrollment only doesn't mean that a member would have already cruised with NCL.

Also the lines to even Gold/Platinum lines aren't usually that much faster than regular check-in lines - depending on the port they however might give lower boarding group numbers to higher level Latitudes members (experienced that once).

Correct, but you can sign up for Lattitudes in advance of the cruise and have Lattitudes numbers.

Also, if you're looking for bonus points and get one of the romance packages with "breakfast served in the room" (which is a much better breakfast than standard room service), get it the morning you arrive into Bermuda. That was one of my wife's favorite things about our trip last year.

Correct, but you can sign up for Lattitudes in advance of the cruise and have Lattitudes numbers.

One gets a Latitudes(/passenger) number when booking their first cruise even if they do not enroll to the program yet (I know this first hand because I just booked John Doe to one of our cabins for Jan 2016 cruise). There are no benefits from enrolling in advance compared to enrolling after the cruise - the data from a completed cruise is still tied to that one number.

P.S. It's Latitudes, not Lattitudes. ;)

Edited by Demonyte