Upgrading after final payment

zacdilone

$100 on top of the cost difference for the room?

Yes. Online the price difference was $555.00. I ended up paying $660. Wasn't too happy with that but got an additional $66.00 in on board credit. And with the way the weather has been going I think we could really use the spa.

So we've decided to bite the bullet and look to upgrade to a balcony. Everyone says "do it" when it comes to Alaska.

So now the question is...upgrade now? Or wait and see if at the last minute there is a great price on an upgrade? I hear these early Alaska cruises tend to not sell out, so I wonder if there will be some empty balcony rooms they'll be looking to sell as the date approaches.

So much fun being cheap! :)

Balcony is nice for Alaska but don't feel that it's a necessity. We did a B to B, first week inside bottom of the ship and a family Aft balcony the second week and enjoyed both. Didn't really use the balcony all that much.

I was told you don't lose your current promo when you upgrade. I know ncl system allows it as I have upgraded after final payment without losing ksf in the past. However, not all agents at ncl knows how to do this, so make sure before you let them make any changes to your booking. And at first you don't succeed, keep trying until you find a rep who knows how to do it. Some reps only know how to cancel and rebook, that's not the only option.

I booked last year on KSF promo to Bermuda. The price went down after final payment, I called to see if I could upgrade my cabin from inside to balcony and pay the difference. I was told they could do it but I would lose the KSF promo. If they are ot offering the KSF promo at the time of uprgade you will lose it. However, they did offer me whatever promo they were running at the time, which was not as good as KSF. I spoke to many reps including a supervisor and was told the same thing each time.

Edited by mnjcruiser

I booked last year on KSF promo to Bermuda. The price went down after final payment, I called to see if I could upgrade my cabin from inside to balcony and pay the difference. I was told they could do it but I would lose the KSF promo. If they are ot offering the KSF promo at the time of uprgade you will lose it. However, they did offer me whatever promo they were running at the time, which was not as good as KSF. I spoke to many reps including a supervisor and was told the same thing each time.

I know many were in the same situation as you described. My TA sometimes had to make many calls to get the right rep, other times within half hour and it was done. I have no other advice other than be persistent. Don't spend time trying to convince a rep if their original response is cancel and rebook. Just move on to the next one. Their system definitely allows it. Perhaps it behooves the rep to cancel and get credit for the "new" booking.