waterfall in barbados

CruzSuz

My husband and I had been on a cruise and stopped in Barbados in 1988. At that time the taxi driver told us about a waterfall with black sand beaches somewhere on the island (we had gone to Harrison's Cave - what a waste of time). Has anyone ever heard of this? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything like this on Barbados. Please help! Thanks:confused:

My husband and I had been on a cruise and stopped in Barbados in 1988. At that time the taxi driver told us about a waterfall with black sand beaches somewhere on the island (we had gone to Harrison's Cave - what a waste of time). Has anyone ever heard of this? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything like this on Barbados. Please help! Thanks:confused:

--------------------------

I don't get to explore the island much anymore, but I do remember one waterfall....

It was in Lazaretto Garden, St. Michael, just outside B-town, but no black sand beach there. Believe me, if you didn't like Harrison's, you wouldn't like Lazaretto.

Are you sure your driver wasn't talking about St. Lucia?

Lots of black sand beaches and waterfalls there.

Barbados is a limestone island, no black sand here. Sorry.

I don't know what to think. My husband and I always said that if we ever got the chance to return to Barbados we would try to find this waterfall. Maybe the taxi driver was just kidding as we were complaining about wasting our time in the cave! Would you have any suggestions for things for us to do. I do remember the island as being quite beautiful and would like to do something different. Thanks for any suggestions.

I don't know what to think. My husband and I always said that if we ever got the chance to return to Barbados we would try to find this waterfall. Maybe the taxi driver was just kidding as we were complaining about wasting our time in the cave! Would you have any suggestions for things for us to do. I do remember the island as being quite beautiful and would like to do something different. Thanks for any suggestions.

-------------------------------------

Actually, yes, I do have a suggestion for enjoying beauty on Barbados.

Rent a car or taxi to our East Coast. It is beautiful and I think you will enjoy it.

I leave you with a few pictures to whet you appetite……

crane-beach-barbados.jpg

barbados-east.jpg

bottonbay2.jpg

tent-bay.jpg

Best wishes and I hope that you find that beach!! :)

I have to agree with Mr Barbados the East Coast is beautiful verry beautiful.

About the Waterfall I can say this with a fair amount od certainty the only was we would have a waterfall with black sand is if the sand where dirty we are not Volcanic but Coral and Limestone hence the caves that you would have visited

I do know a few very small waterfalls and springs but they are nothing like you would find in the other islands that is one thing we sadley lack but we make up for it in other areas like the East Coast :)

We hired a taxi driver there who just showed us some of the highlights of the island. I knew I wanted to see Cherry Tree Hill and the Morgan Lewis windmill. Everything else the driver pointed out was just gravy. Out of all the places I've visited on cruises, Barbados is my favorite. Such a beautiful island.

thanks so much for everyone's input - I remember loving the island too when we were there last - those beaches in the pictures look like the bottom of Gun Hill??? I think that's what it was called - we were on the top looking down at some beautiful beaches. We will certainly keep your advice in mind - thanks again to all.

H Cruzsuz

The first one is The Crane

The Second and Fourth are Bathsheba and Tent Bay

The Third is Bottomm Bay

Well at least I am fairly sure LOL on most of them I am 99% though

Best Regars

Sarah

PS Have a great holiday

• 2 weeks later...

Archived