HELP! Hurricane Missing Person//Ocean Springs, MS

mojo4trav

We've exhausted all numbers and lists, from FEMA to MEMA, and beyond. If ANYONE has any family or friends in the Ocean Springs, MS area...I ask for your help. My grandfather, Rex Forman (80 y/o) stayed in his home located in the 2500 block of Parkwood Place (1.1 miles from the beach) and has not been heard from since the storm made landfall. He recently lost his wife of 50 years to congestive heart failure and we are very concerned for his wellbeing. If anyone knows of the conditions on his street or in his neighborhood, please send me a PM here on CC or email me at rexforman-missing(@)yahoo(.)com - please remove the () from around the punctuation before sending (spam protection).

Thank you very much!

I wish that I knew someone who could help.

Hopefully, it's just that your grandfather's phone and electric service is out.

He may be at one of the local shelter's in his area. I wonder if there is a way that you could contact the shelter's in his specific area?

I will be sening good thoughts your way.

I work at a law firm and we received an email this morning asking people to offer their homes to families from the devistated area. If you are in a City that is housing people affected and want to offer your home, here is the website: http://www.theleaf.com/hurricanesupport.php

We live in Atlanta and have a lot of people here from the area who need a place to stay, to get their children in school and some sort of normalsy. If you can help, please contact these people. Thank you.

My apologies to the Princess board. Travis asked that I post the good news and I didn't know about the request being made here. Thanks Debbie for catching my "miss."

He wanted me to thank all the CC members that offered support and help while waiting for word on his grandfather.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and concern. My brother, an officer in the Air Force who is still in training in the greater Atlanta area, drove to Ocean Springs last night. He arrived at my grandfather's house and found him alive and well inside. There was minor water damage, but thanks to some caring neighbors, he had plenty of water and ice. My brother, who had to turn around and head back to Atlanta tonight, spent the better part of daylight driving around the town looking in on addresses given to me by various people all over the internet who were also looking for news of family. He is a hero to me, not only for taking the risk to drive into the area alone, but also because he helped some find that their family was also alive and well. Sadly, he spoke of some things he saw that he will carry with him for a long time. He choked back tears when describing some scenes of destruction along with a smell he could only describe as haunting.

He called a few minutes ago with a phone number of one person's family, who is in China, asking that we call to tell them their daughter is alive and well. As fate would have it, my wife is Chinese and is trying the number every few minutes hoping to connect to let them know their loved one is fine.

Thanks again!

Travis, wow what a brother. Just so glad that everything worked out well for you and others who gave you names & addresses. Everything we see on tv is so upsetting with all the damage and destructions & deaths so any good news is really uplifting.

Debbie

Archived