Parking in Houston

Gordydog2

Just wondering if parking at the cruise terminal is the best idea. We are driving from Illinois and will be spending the night before our cruise somewhere near the ship. I see they offer parking and you can reserve your parking online so you are guaranteed a spot. Does anyone know if this is the best thing to do as far as parking?

It's cheaper to use EZ Cruise Parking. We've used them three times and I'm always pleased. SUPER fast shuttles, safe and secure lots, easy loading, friendly staff, reasonable rates. Plus, you can usually find a coupon code if you google for one. Last time it cost us $45 for the entire week. They are just a few blocks from the pier and well worth the money.

EDIT! Just googled and found a whopping $20 off coupon code for an online reservation IF you're willing to hoof it and walk the block and a half... use code 20parkwalk. Note: coupon codes change often, so if this doesn't work, keep googling!!

Edited by sredish

Just wondering if parking at the cruise terminal is the best idea. We are driving from Illinois and will be spending the night before our cruise somewhere near the ship. I see they offer parking and you can reserve your parking online so you are guaranteed a spot. Does anyone know if this is the best thing to do as far as parking?

Are you referring to the Bayport terminal for NCL and Princess cruises or to the Galveston terminal? They are nowhere near each other and the answer might make a difference, depending on which terminal.

It's cheaper to use EZ Cruise Parking. We've used them three times and I'm always pleased. SUPER fast shuttles, safe and secure lots, easy loading, friendly staff, reasonable rates. Plus, you can usually find a coupon code if you google for one. Last time it cost us $45 for the entire week. They are just a few blocks from the pier and well worth the money.

EDIT! Just googled and found a whopping $20 off coupon code for an online reservation IF you're willing to hoof it and walk the block and a half... use code 20parkwalk. Note: coupon codes change often, so if this doesn't work, keep googling!!

The OP does not say which cruise line or which terminal referred to, Bayport or Galveston. I'm presuming Galveston, but possibly not since both are technically Houston terminals. Which one are you talking about? Galveston I presume.

Are you referring to the Bayport terminal for NCL and Princess cruises or to the Galveston terminal? They are nowhere near each other and the answer might make a difference, depending on which terminal.

I presume you're referring to Galveston?

The parking at Houston/Bayport (Princess & NCL) is great. You can reserve & pay online. The parking lot is very-very close to the cruise terminal. When we returned from our Princess cruise in mid-November 2014, my car battery was dead. They have very kind & helpful parking lot staff who will help you, no extra charge - they were happy to help.