FLL hotel

regardlessgirl

Hey I am going to be departing on my wedding cruise next may. I am currently looking at Amerisuites. It is just for the night before the cruise. Is this a decent hotel? I am not looking for the Ritz by any means.. just something that includes transportation and is nice enough. Thanks for any help.

:)

Trents had listed this info in another post

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations....asp?facid=3929

AmeriSuites is less expensive on Priceline, or one of the hotel sites such as Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Is this valuetrips a ligit company? I have never heard of them.

Thanks for the help.

I don't think you'll want to stay there on your wedding night. (I know I would not). There are much better choices that are much nicer but not the Ritz. I think you should consider Hyatt Pier 66, Mariott Marina or Renaissance. Don't be concerned about transportation, the cost is minimal and from what others have posted here it sounds like most hotels are discontinuing transportation by the end of the year.

I agree the Renaissance and such are nicer than Amerisuites but their cost has skyrocketed since we stayed there last year and I do not think they are worth the money they are asking for them! I too am having a difficult time finding them on Priceline so I may just settle for Amerisuites if I can get them. Now when I tried to get pricing for Amerisuites for our January 14, 2006 cruise Valuetrips sent me a form reply advising me that pricing for next year will not be available until October so I guess I am pretty much on hold unless one of the nicer hotels shows up on Priceline and will accept a decent bid. I am being extra fussy because I have the job of booking 4 rooms in all for friends so I want them to be decent but I don't think we need the Ritz either for an overnight stay.

AmeriSuites is a basic budget hotel. The location is great, and it's adequate for a pre-cruise night, but there are other nicer places in the same area for not much more money.

You may also want to try the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Or Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Those are both also basic budget hotels, next door to each other. They're just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, less than 10 minutes from FLL, and in the middle of many restaurants as well as everything else you could possibly want. Their prices aren't much more than the discount prices at AmeriSuites, but they're a bit nicer.

I love the Renaissance, and consider it the nicest of the SE 17th Street hotels, but their prices are insane ($399/nt. :eek: ) on some dates this winter/spring.

The focus of this precruise night is that I am getting married on the ship sunday. So I am looking for something that is primarily affordable for the whole group as I am already having people fly and cruise to see me get married. The people going will apprecciate any cost breaks. I am looking for a clean place to sleep that includes transport to make it as stressfree as possible but not be a motel 6.

So from what I have read.. this place will do.

Its just a place to sleep and and shower.

So with that... Amerisuites will do?

I am not looking for luxury just enough.

:confused: ok so I am now rethinking amerisuites.. i have just 2 rooms reserved at 109 a night.

i the hilton garden inn fort lauderdale/hollywood airport thats on 180sw 18th ave dania beach, fl

any ideas ? or advice?

i am really confused

thats only 149 a night.

Stay with Amerisuites, your guests will appreciate the cost savings. ;)

:confused: ok so I am now rethinking amerisuites.. i have just 2 rooms reserved at 109 a night.

i the hilton garden inn fort lauderdale/hollywood airport thats on 180sw 18th ave dania beach, fl

any ideas ? or advice?

i am really confused

thats only 149 a night.

Nothing to be confused over. If you have AmeriSuites already booked keep it. It's FINE, it has shuttles, and the location is PERFECT!

Don't worry, for what you're saying you want AmeriSuites is perfectly fine. Have a great wedding and a cruise! :)

amerisuites VS. embassy suites

its a $20 difference...

109 vs 129

the only difference is that we would have to get a taxi from the airport.

so i am sure most people wouldnt really mind the $20 difference..

I may be a wee bit stressed.. :)

I just want to get a nice place that is cheap enough and easy .. as far as transportation. :)

i just read on another post that the amerisuites smelled musty.. and i have a brother that is highly allergic to mold.. so maybe the embassy suites is better???

Well for $20 difference I'd go with Embassy Suites if it were me. Embassy Suites should be all newly remodeled by the time you're coming as well.

A taxi from FLL to Embassy Suites would be about $10, and take less than 10 minutes.

Hello Trent:

I enjoy reading your comments about hotels in FLL -- very informative. I have a reservation for a pre-cruise stay at the Best Western Marina and Yacht Harbor for October 21. I am trying to decide whether to keep it or book at another hotel. Any comments about this hotel? Thanks for your input.

NO NANCY!!! RUN!!! You do NOT want to stay at that dump (and that's a kind word). You would be better off sleeping in a car in the parking lot (which one guest reported doing a while back). There have been many many comments on that place from others on here and elsewhere, none good!

I drove down around that place a couple of weeks ago just to see if they've done anything to fix it up. They haven't... There was water leaking from something on the top floor of one side of the building, pouring down the landings below like a waterfall. On another side they had all the doors to the rooms on the parking lot level open. I didn't go inside any, what I saw (and smelled) from the sidewalk was frightening enough! :eek:

If you want a budget hotel go with Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Or AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

Which as reported above is cheaper on Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Hello Trent:

I enjoy reading your comments about hotels in FLL -- very informative. I have a reservation for a pre-cruise stay at the Best Western Marina and Yacht Harbor for October 21. I am trying to decide whether to keep it or book at another hotel. Any comments about this hotel? Thanks for your input.

here are some reviews from people who have stayed there. Doesn't sound good.

hotel reviews

Bill

Hey Trent::confused:

Thanks for all your info. Another question, a friend I work with has booked a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for October 5. She has booked at the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port on Federal Highway. What's your thoughts on this one? Should she run really fast also... too funny!!!

Archived