A couple of questions about The Dawn

johnlatte

First time on the Dawn. Are there adult only pool areas? I know that there are hot tubs that are marked adult only, but nobody polices them much. I love kids, but sometimes I like to find someplace to just kick back on the deck with a book and a cocktail and not have the a bunch of kids running around.

Also we are sailing with a couple of (step) teenagers. Neither are into the clubs for very different reasons. When they were younger, yes, now not so much. I know that there will be activities all during the day, but what specifically can I entice them with? Do they have a place to watch movies other than the cabin (we will be in an SJ)? Sports deck etc? Any tips for keeping them entertained (or at least what I can tell them) would be appreciated.

There is no specific adult pool other than the in the spa (which is something you can buy a pass for - worth it for me, but YMMV). The kids' pool is nice and a lot of the younger kids tend to hang there rather than the main pool deck. There is a hot tub forward on the 13th (I think - check the deck plans) that doesn't seem to get as much action, and never had kids in it when I was on the Dawn (Thanksgiving 2012).

There is a sports deck - there always seemed to be kids playing basketball. My children were adults when we sailed so I can't give you much more info than that.