FB ppl booking mixology

ktbmhb

Well, I have joined a FB page for the cruise I'm on and I've noticed that a lot of the adults are trying to book a mixology class together. While I think that's great I'm not sure whether my small group of 6 would want to think about this at this time.

Since we only have 2 days at sea and the classes are held at 2 & 4 and I'm seeing many ppl from FB signing up on their page I'm wondering if I would be able to register when I board or if they would've taken all the spots and I need to join them.

Does Disney hold exclusive classes maybe for this group? Or are we not going to be able to do this class because the FB group would've taken all the spots for the 2 days?

Any thoughts....

It depends. On the trans-Atlantics, DCL did exclusive tastings just for our group. This had no impact on the general guest tasting groups.

No way to predict whether you'll be able to get an opening on board regardless of whether they do a dedicated group for FB or not. Book now to assure your spot or wait till boarding and take your chances.

It depends. On the trans-Atlantics' date=' DCL did exclusive tastings just for our group. This had no impact on the general guest tasting groups.

No way to predict whether you'll be able to get an opening on board regardless of whether they do a dedicated group for FB or not. Book now to assure your spot or wait till boarding and take your chances.[/quote']

I'm sorry I didn't realize I could book before boarding. do I book at my 90 day out time?

Other than designated private groups, I've never signed up in advance. But I've seen people on these boards talking about it. I've always seen it happen on board on day 1 other than special groups.

Our deal for the special group was that we had to have the right number of people to fill the group, and they would not allow any refunds or officially any changes of names. They actually gave us a couple of special groups/times when the first one filled very quickly.

Edited by moki'smommy

You need a minimum of 25 people to have a private tasting. I think the max is 40. These are the only types of tastings that can be booked in advance, and they are not available to book online.

They will still have tastings to book onboard. However, my experience is that there is no max for public groups. We had walk ins in our mixology class, and they were happy to take their $$ and find them a seat, so I think our class pushed 50. That is WAY too many for mixology. So if you can get into a smaller, private class, do it. The downside is that you are charged whether you show or not.

We did a private mixology class when we were last on the Dream. I did not set it up but I was told how it was arranged. The person that set this up has arranged a private class a few times.

Basically on the first day as soon as you get on the ship go to the district and see who is in charge of the mixology classes. Tell them how many people you have in your group. They will let you know what time they are available...I think we have a 1pm time. We only had 15 people in our group.

We did a private mixology on the Dream in Dec. We had to have 25 people and they needed everyone's name and cabin # ahead of time. My husband has done other tastings and always enjoys them. In December he signed up for a whiskey tasting and was the only person to show up. He loved it!

So if you are told a class is full, it cant hurt to stop by the class anyway, people will cancel or "no show".

Basically on the first day as soon as you get on the ship go to the district and see who is in charge of the mixology classes. Tell them how many people you have in your group. They will let you know what time they are available...I think we have a 1pm time. We only had 15 people in our group.

This is the first I've heard of setting up a private session once on board. But I know it can be done in advance. Our group had 16, and when we had more interest than that, DCL booked a second private group for us to handle the "overflow."

I've never seen a group as big as 40, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.